1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine S/C is on

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by bzzsan, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    S/C is on

and the verdict is.... Let's see...how to explain it.......ummmm there's just a lot more power everywhere...revs climb at what seems like twice as fast. And i'm there ( there as in whatever speed) like waaaaay before i know it. For example, like getting on an onramp, with my foot down in 3rd nearing redline with 2 guys in the car i said to myself..."ok, if i did this the other day, with the time it's taken since i started accelerating, i'd be at about 70 mph, and that's by myself", BUT i looked down and was doing 90 and was like what the??? . Let's see, what else....the power is reallly smooth,no lumps, really linear, like it doesnt feel like i'm accelerating THAT much faster than before because its not as loud and agressive as when i had my cai, but i look down and i'm going like twice as fast as i thought i was....\...i think the rev limiter is set a tad higher too..my tires break traction a lot easier now (of course) and i can scrrreeeeeeech into 2nd gear again, i could before with stock tires but not after i changed over to stickier bigger ones..it's weird not hearing my intake anymore ...although the whine of the s/c makes up for it, even though its kinda subdued...if i run out the first 3 gears, hold on!

I'm gonna get dynoed at the end of march/beginning of april and take it to the track in the same time fram also, so ill keep everybody posted.

Also, in case anybody is wondering, using my extra-accurate :roll: method of cd player counter 0-60 timing, i got " really high 6 secs" ( as in right as needle touches 60, i look over and the cd number changes to the next one (7 secs) a split second after i look). Factor that in with the fact that i only launched a couple of times because i dont want to push it too hard, too much yet and i'm not really sure how to best launch the car yet with the extra power. What i'm trying to say is, it's pretty fast ( relatively speaking of course :wink: ) Also, I do remeber one member (petro) posting that he got like mid-to-low 6 sec times with his g-tech with low 15's 1/4 and his s/c stick rolla with trd exhaust.

I'm gonna try to go the same route as black03corolla and get the unichip...i already have the trd cai to replace the injen i used to have, and i have the borla exhaust like him, so hopefully i can get similar results.

Anyways, any questions and i'll try to answer them.

It's not like the car is by any means a rocket now, but the s/c DEFINETALY moves it up a few pegs in the straight line acceleration food chain and is lots more fun now, you can't really tell when driving normally, but if you get on it and take a trip towards redline . :shock: :D

all in all :mrgreen:
  2. Offline

CowboyBebop Guest

Message Count:
    Congrats on the supercharger, Im sure you'll enjoy it for a long time! :D
  3. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    How much did they charge you for install?
  4. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    617 for labor was the best i found around where i live, and then there was 22 dollars for parts....so 639
  5. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    welcome to the supercharged corolla group..

lol... now all you need to do is get a header and full exhaust system (change the cats too) and you'll feel even more power..

btw.. check out my rite at http://www.cardomain.com/id/hooolala
  6. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    hey dyno it if u can.
  7. Offline

bimmernut Guest

Message Count:
    Re: S/C is on

Take your car to a drag strip. You'll get a very accurate number.
  8. Offline

SERG4U Guest

Message Count:
    Sweet Man.........as I was reading the story I was picturing myself doing that. :D
  9. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    lol.. my automatic supercharged 04 did a 7.4sec on 0-60 and 15.9 @ 90.5mph

i use G-Tech pro to get those number...

also.. if you have a manual transmission.. you should be doing high 6 sec on 0-60mph...
  10. Offline

rolla_dink Guest

Message Count:
    I love my S/C. It kicks ass all over, and seems to really kick in at 4,000 rpms. It'll go from 80 to 100 in no time. I was giving a 2000 accord a hardtime down the 5 this weekend. Scares me how much better it will perform when I get some sway bars and struts in. Welcome to the world of FI.
  11. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Well like hoolala said get a header back exhaust to go with the borla setup you have now. That will make a huge difference by opening up the car. Guys saw 15 whp with just the header. On FI the more air you can run through the better and our cars where not made for that so they are quit restrictive. When I have my full exhaust and water injection done I expect to be around 250 to the flywheel.
  12. Offline

variant2 Guest

Message Count:
    Yep, headers (ceramic coated) and exaust will definitely help out with your car and probably drop boost down by 1/2 a pound. Another thing you guys should look at is maybe port/polishing the throttle body for better flow numbers.

V2
  13. Offline

bimmernut Guest

Message Count:
    Just to think of the driveline losses from an auto transmission. A stock LE can clear 0-60 mph in 8.1 seconds and ET in 16.3 seconds.
  14. Offline

bimmernut Guest

Message Count:
    Blueprinting...
  15. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    thats right, automatic looses alot of HP... i raced with KingKuei (David K) once... he has a manual 03 with TRD cold air intake, full custom cat back exhaust system, stock wheels (dyno at 127 wheel horsepower).. and i have supercharged 04 Automatic with custom exhaust system, TRD air filter, 17" rims (17"s are heavy) and my GF in the car (extra 100lbs).. i beat him by about 1 to 1 1/2 car length..

the next mod i would do is change the torque converter.. so it can put more HP down to the wheel..

btw.. i beat a Stock 95 turbo eclipes (manual) 2 days ago by about half a car lengh... after we race.. we parked in a parking lot and he's all like.. damn.. your corolla is fast.... lol... that feels really good.. ^^
  16. Offline

bimmernut Guest

Message Count:
    So... do you think it would be accurate to say that a s/c Corolla (I'm assuming stick) would have a chance drag racing a WRX?
  17. Offline

Sasuke Guest

Message Count:
    if STI not a chance wrx impreza maybe
  18. Offline

lostboy New Member

Message Count:
    eh ... doesn't the wrx run a 1/4 in 14? and 0-60 in 4 seconds? kinda tuff to beat that with just the s/c ... probably need some more things done to it to pump more hp
  19. Offline

GT-R Guest

Message Count:
    .....and traction.
  20. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    regular WRX runs 0-60 5.4 sec. 1/4 14.1 sec
  21. Offline

lostboy New Member

Message Count:
    yep traction and definitely need some good torque
  22. Offline

mars Guest

Message Count:
    Shit! You guys got me so hyped out that i want to go and steal the money from somewhere. I work in best buy so if somebody wants to buy like a 60" plasma for about $4000 let me now and next time i sneak it out in my lunch box. LOL.
  23. Offline

Tro1086 Guest

Message Count:
    HAHAHA Mars you crack me up. I want a SC so bad too but its gona be a long time before i have the money to get one. I work at a freakin grocery store hehehe. And i want to get an LSD before the SC so that i can lay that power to the ground in two even strips... I always did like things to be neat and even... I dont want and dont have the cash for a 60" plasma, but ive been wanting an iPod for some time, and today on the net i saw an add for the iPod at bestbuy.com... So you could sneak me out an iPod in your superman lunch box and ill send you some money for that, its no supercharger, but its a start right? Plus your less likely to get caught trying to cram the iPod in your lunch box then the 60" plasma right? hehehe