1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Fitness RIP Sean Taylor

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KamuriMike, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Offline

KamuriMike Guest

Message Count:
    RIP Sean Taylor

http://video.redskins.com/Multimedi...ter.aspx?id=172

[IMG]
    Sean Michael Maurice Taylor (April 1, 1983 – November 27, 2007)
    was an American football player who played free safety for the Washington Redskins of the NFL. Due to his ferocious style of hitting, his teammates had nicknamed him "Meast", a summarization of "half-man, half-beast". On November 26, 2007, at 1:45 a.m., Taylor was shot in the upper leg by an armed intruder at his Palmetto Bay home, critically wounding him by severing his femoral artery. His girlfriend tried to call police from the house line, only to discover the line had been cut, and proceeded to call 911 from her cell phone, which delayed response time. In the early morning of November 27, 2007, Taylor died at the hospital.

Its a sad day for the NFL as one of the greatest DBs in the game is gone forever.

[IMG]
  2. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    I saw that on the news yesterday. That really sucks. He should have had a gun to shoot the intruder dead. I would think he had a security system.
  3. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    i dont watch football so i have no idea who that is...
  4. Offline

KamuriMike Guest

Message Count:
    He was basically one of the best defensive players in the game in the past few seasons. The situation just sucks. He got shot while someone was trying to burglarize his home. I guess partially since I'm an athlete, it kinda gets to me even more.
  5. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    the situation is more dire than you're saying.<br />
    <br />
    his house had been burglarized more than once recently, and the phone line was cut when this happened. someone was out to get HIM.
  6. Offline

KamuriMike Guest

Message Count:
    I don't think thats true. I mean, I'm sure they knew it was his house, and I'm sure they just wanted to rob him knowing that he had a lot of money. Whoever did it cut the phone line to delay police response... it takes longer for the police to triangulate a cell phone location. It would just give them more time to get away. I mean, in today's day and age, cutting the phone line to prevent someone from calling the cops at all is kinda stupid considering that cell phones are everywhere. Besides, if they were after him, they'd find somewhere else to shoot him besides his leg.

Whoever did it is scum, plain and simple. I hope they get caught and put away for a long damn time.
  7. Offline

KamuriMike Guest

Message Count: