1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Replacing rear wheel bearing and hub? 03-up

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by Chas Wiggins, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Offline

Chas Wiggins Guest

Message Count:
    Replacing rear wheel bearing and hub? 03-up

My left rear wheel bearing went out. I got one at a junkyard. Anyone know how to do this off the top of your head?

Oh, btw its an 2003 Corolla CE. :)
  2. Offline

sonsofwisdom I can fix it

Message Count:
    There is a technical service bulletin for this prob.

if it's 03 might still be under warranty...it's super easy....4 bolts on the back...slides out..new one slides in.

IN fact there is a TSB for this....it's TSB # BR001-05 and it covers vehicles for 60months 60k miles so if you are within both of those (under 60month under 60k) you're good.

If you are out of warranty or do not have "extended warranty" then the part you will need to prevent it from happening again (i.e. junk yard one will fail on you possible later on) is 42410-01020 w/out abs...with abs it's 42450-01010

So you may be in luck and might still be under warranty...might get two rear bearings.

For the 60 month thing the dealership will look at production date...our dealer looks at sell date, sometimes if your JUST out, they'll still warranty it...I dunno that's up to them.

CALL the dealership with your info and ask...they can't charge you for that ;)

I've done one of these and it's super easy
  3. Offline

Silver Bullet New Member

Message Count:
    Your bearing failed already on an 03? How many miles are on the car?