1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Removing the Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'Interior' started by 03rolla59, Jul 30, 2004.

1. Offline

03rolla59 Guest

Message Count:
    Removing the Steering Wheel

Anyone have tried removing the steering wheel? I want to replace mine with another one but i'm scared i might mess up the airbag or worse it might deploy. Can it be taken apart without damage to the airbag?
  2. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    remove the airbag fuse - however, I would not advise it.

You will almost assuredly be dropped from your insurance company for removing the airbag should you get into an accident
  3. Offline

03rolla59 Guest

Message Count:
    im not trying to remove the airbag but i just want to replace the steering wheel. I want to replace it with an S steering wheel. I have a CE.
  4. Offline

Mordred Guest

Message Count:
    This is interesting, I too have a CE and I never did bother to look at a type S steering wheel before and now Im curious on whats the difference between a CE steering wheel and a Type S steering wheel. Can you elaborate 03rolla59 and why you want it change? :)

My Rolla:http://www.cardomain.com/id/mordred
  5. Offline

03rolla59 Guest

Message Count:
    Well i changed my interior from the S interior. I have a CE too and so far i changed the carpet and door panels from beige to black. Im planning on changing the lower dash and the steering wheelscause i dont like the beige color. There's nothing special with the S steering wheel, its just different color (black) which i like.
  6. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
    It looks pretty straightforward.

Airbag precautions:

Steering wheel removal:
  7. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    how are you sourcing the parts for the S interior. i'd be interested in changing my interior to black too
  8. Offline

Mordred Guest

Message Count:
    Changing the interior to black is a good idea too. hmmm... your giving me second toughts here 03rolla59.. he he he. Best wishes on your project and if you can, post some pic later so we can see how it too. :wink:

My Rolla: http://www.cardomain.com/id/mordred
  9. Offline

03corollaS Guest

Message Count: