1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

rear speaker wiring?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by fieromunk, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Offline

fieromunk Guest

Message Count:
    rear speaker wiring?

I recently bought a 2001 Corolla CE and the option for rear speakers on it was apparently declined. This isn't a problem because I would have replaced them anyhow, but I'm baffled as to where the wiring is for these speakers.

I can't find it looking in the trunk, so does anyone know where I will find them? I replaced the stock deck already and the harness already has wires hooked up for the rear speakers so I know the wiring is there.

Do I have to remove the entire trim behind the rear seats (including 3rd brake cover and child seat brackets) to find the wiring???
  2. Offline

JGrady997 New Member

Message Count:
    yeah you will have to remove the rear deck frame cover to access all the electrical wires shouldnt be too hard taking off the latches, the 3rd brake light, and weaving the seatbelts thru the gray cover

as far as where you can find the wires going, you should be able to trace the wires backwards going under the door sills