1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Rear disc conversion??

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by EliteRolla, May 8, 2011.

1. Offline

EliteRolla Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    93 Rolla, 96 4Runner
    I'm super retarted or something but I have looked and looked is there a DIY for doing the conversion on a 7th gen? And I know from what I read the ae111 and ae101 worl right but aren't those japs? I can't just goto the junk yard to get that stuff ... also read maybe a 00 camry ? Idk I need massive help need to know if I can get the stuff in the states? How to do it ? And what all I need todo it also.. Please help I know I'm bringing something up but I just can't find the stuff ...
  2. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    rear disc brakes off of the celica GTS work, but they are 5 lug...
  3. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    super retarded, if picking between that or something.
  4. Offline

EliteRolla Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    93 Rolla, 96 4Runner
    Well are you going to help or just call me super retarded ? Ha ha
  5. Offline

fishexpo101 Get Some

Message Count:
    The 7th and 8th gen brakes are very similar - so you can use the 8th gen DIY guide that is floating around here somewhere. There is also a brake sticky here that would have all the info you need.

7th gen Celica GT-S / Pontiac Vibe GT / Matrix XRS / Corolla XRS would work - but as mentioned above, 5-lug hubs. You could try and swap your hubs, but I don't remember off the top of my head if the bolt pattern is the same.

I've head of Camry front brakes working on a 7th gen, but nothing about the rear brakes. You could say anything will work, if you spend enough time, money, and fabrication - but I'm assuming you want this to be as simple as possible.

In that line of thinking, getting a complete rear braking section from an AE101 chassis would be your best bet for a plug and play install - depending on where you live at, be more of an issue to just find one.

Of course, you have the aftermarket option as well - Wilwood, SSBC, and others would have something to fit the car - costly and much larger brake systems. Depends on what you are going for and your budget.
    CorollaGT likes this.