1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Rear brake conversion...

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by Syndicate, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Offline

Syndicate Guest

Message Count:
    Rear brake conversion...

...I'm currently looking at doing a rear brake conversion for my car using the XRS hardware. I want to use the newly released Brembo slotted rotors for the Matrix though, does any one else know what I'll needs besides the inner drum assembly, caliper and possibly different brake lines? Thx in advance.
  2. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I would like to do this as well. Just wondering though what would benefit the braking more the rear conversion or a rotora big brake kit just for the front. So if you did the conversion would it be possible to get big brake kits for front and back or does it not work that way. Pretty much what would be the best setup for braking?
  3. Offline

Syndicate Guest

Message Count:
    ...to the best of my understanding huge brakes are not required in the back b/c they don't do most of the stopping. A big brake kit up front though is beneficial, but it can add unsprung weight. I want the Brembo front and rear discs as my stock brakes aren't inspiring much confidence as I've had several close calls even when not driving that fast.
  4. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Yea i am the same way I have had a few close calls myself. Not to mention the time I was racing my buddy in his MR2 on a secluded road and had to stop at 100 mph Seriously took forever I mean it was like I didnt have brakes. Kinda scarey to think about it if something where to present itself the stock brakes would not be able to do anything.