1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Readjusting Headlight Help

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by TravisB, May 4, 2003.

1. Offline

TravisB New Member

Message Count:
    Readjusting Headlight Help

I can NOT find this little knob or what not to turn the headlights up/down. I saw a gray thing with a metal knob type thing and tried turning it, that did nothing. Does anyone have any pictures of what it looks like? It seems like the beam on one side isn't even with the other side. It looks like one side is pointing upwards and being reflected quite a bit... so I'm not sure if it needs readjusted or cleaned or what.
  2. Offline

stinky Guest

Message Count:
    As far as I know there is no adjustment. if they are out of alignment you need to fix the position of the plastic thing in front of the bulb that is INSIDE the headlight asembly. It should be centered on the bulb. Thats how I fixed mine at leastr.

Note: Make sure the bulb has not been on for a while when doing it. I burnt my finger the first time I trei doing it. :oops:
  3. Offline

TravisB New Member

Message Count:
    Turns out it wasn't in all the way. I got up this morning and just started messing with it and noticed that it wasn't put in right. I finally got it situated and now they look great :D
  4. Offline

Tro1086 Guest

Message Count:
    My Passenger side headlight was the same way, like only 2 out of the 3 teeth i think were holding the bulb in so it was aimed wrong. But there is a little silver piece that you turn with a wrench, not the whold silver peice, just the bolt on the end. The little silver peice kinda looks like a washer with a bunch of teeth pointing toward the light and then a little bolt in it, you gota turn the bolt quite a bit to notice a diffrence.

[~~~~~~]
    .....==

I gues thats sorta what it would look like, the = signs being the bolt, and the ~~~ signs being the teeth of the thing, and the teeth would to into the light, something like that.

*The periods are just use to space the = signs over, it wouldnt let me use just spaces