1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Questions on Seafoam (already searched and read)

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by wukong, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Offline

wukong Banned

Message Count:
    it works good i think. I use it on my older car and it worked good. I am thinking of doing it agian next oil change. But i need my o2 sensor fixed ARGH! 200 miles per tank is not fun :(
  2. Offline

n3985 New Member

Message Count:
    Questions on Seafoam (already searched and read)

I bought a can of Seafoam today and plan to use it next week. I've read enough threads about how to introduce it to the engine, but since I'll only be using 1/3 of the can for the engine, I was planning on using another 1/3 for the gas. But, for the gas, it should be 1/3 for a full tank right? I don't drive around too much, so let's say it takes me a week or two to empty the tank, is it bad for the car? B/c I heard since Seafoam is a detergent, having it for long in the gas tank is not good. Thoughts? Thanks
  3. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    why not? they say on other cleaners to put them in RIGHT b/f you fill her on back up! i dont think it matters much at all actually...just dump whatevers left in there...
  4. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    Agreed I dont think it matters, just dump it in.
  5. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    Where is the PCV valve on the 00 rolla. I can't find it, and yes i'm probably stupid...<br />
    <br />
    <a href="http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/462000-462999/462615_22_full.jpg" target="_blank">http://memimage.cardomain.net/membe...615_22_full.jpg</a><br />
    <br />
    is it that green thing right next to the air filter?
  6. Offline

statik New Member

Message Count:
    No... look, it's right ... there.. see?

:D

No that green thing is a cap for your air conditioning refrigerant line. Take off the plastic engine cover, its on the side, in the right hand corner of the engine, its threaded and screws into the side of the engine. It looks like the head of a bolt with a vacuume hose coming out of it. You can pop the hose off and use a crescent wrench to remove it.

GET A REPAIR MANUAL!
    Get to know your vehicle, study it.
  7. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    i get roughly that much too. But i have a intake and exhaust so it differs. But before i had that stuff i had 250 on city which easy driving