1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Question about Scion tC's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cuztomrollaz98, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

Dude, I wouldn't have made that comment if the lender didn't tell me so themselves. I don't have any big debt. The largest debt I have ever had was that of 5g's for the Corolla I got from the buy-here-pay-here lot. My credit cards had a max of $1300 dollars on them as a limit. My fiance on the other hand had been in debt from student loans, a new car (tC) worth $20k and she makes HALF the income I make. The lender told me that I didn't have any large debts that I have accquired, not even in college because we paid cash for my education.
  2. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

Youre misinterpreting what the lender meant.

And it seems like you dont understand what debt to income ratio is. She can have a lot more debt than you and make much less, but still have a good ratio going.
  3. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

misinterpret? That's what he said "Word-For-Word". I make twice what she does, and have debt in the amount that I can pay with one paycheck(well except now I have a 350Z I pay for), but besides that, my debt can be wiped with one check. We have nearly the same credit score with her's being a few points higher than mine. Other than that, her debt to income is more on the side of debt. My debt to income is on the side of income. Now she has even more student loans because she just started going back to school.

Trust me, the system is screwed up.:shutup:
  4. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    It's how it works, in my experiences, too much income versus too little debt reflects negatively. Too much debt with not enough income also is frowned upon.

From what I've seen, about 50-60% debt to income is the prime place to be.

And if you're like Bill Gates, and make so much money, there is no possible way for you to ever be in debt?

Who cares about your credit score, you buy everything cash anyways.
  5. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

Okay...you still dont seem to get it.

A 20k loan can have a monthly payment of 100 bucks. The monthly payment of the loan is just as important as the amount of the loan.
  6. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

I have had apartments with payments in the range of 800-870 a month. I think my buying power is good enough to try and pay for a motorcycle don't you think...;)

Yeah, but unless your making 100k a year, I don't see you paying cash for...lets say a house. Unless you live with your parents until your 30-35yrs old...lol
  7. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    I think most lenders/banks/ C.U and financial entities that work with Motorcycle dealerships look for about 1-2 years of strong credit history and I mean strong, reason in being I dk why but that is what it looks like to me
  8. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

Maybe because the liability is higher.
  9. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

Or mabye the fact that they are looked at as toys. A car is a necessity, and essential to daily living. A motorcycle is not.
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    There's a reason why cities have public transportation.
    A car is by no means a necessity. It's a convenience to those who can afford it.
  11. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

I'm speaking from a standpoint of Financial institution Lending you money for a Car vs. A Motorcycle....

Not a political debate...:p
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    :cool:
  13. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I'd like to see you get by with the public transportation in the city im in, heh :p
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    ROFL! I didn't say public transportation was effective, I just said it was there. :p

To get to work by 8 via RTD here...I'd have to leave my apartment at 4 in the d@mn morning.
  15. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

:lol
  16. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    yea I dk about effective cause you'd have to sit at an RTD bus stop for 3 hours just to wait for one of the three buses u need to catch that day, you'd be better off walking or car pooling