1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Question about petal kits

Discussion in 'Interior' started by MikeyRolla, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Offline

MikeyRolla Guest

Message Count:
    Question about petal kits

Hey all Im looking at the petal set for the rolla and would like to get it. Just wanted to know what kind of brackets hold them on. Someone told me that the way the holding clips are for the petals make it hard to press the petal down completly. Anyone know if this is true or not?
  2. Offline

js10coastr Guest

Message Count:
    from what I know...

for some of the pedal kits you have to drill into the actual pedals. This is very hard since the pedals are steel. My friend said it took almost all day to drill the holes for clutch, brakem and gas.

I think there are other (cheaper) pedal kits with some sort of mounting braket...I have no info aboot them.
  3. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    Get celica GT-S aluminum pedals
  4. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    ive got pedals. i bought a pair first, and they were held on with a strip of steel that ran end to end but the strips gave up on me. the ones i have now are held on by clips. there is enough leway in them but if you have thick rubber mats like i do, you might require some trimming of the mats to mash the clutch all the way in and the break if you like to live dangerously :D
  5. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
    i have one of those Type R metal pedals b4 (toe/heel)
    the same 1 as this
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2411931705&category=42613

it is pretty good i say, it gives you the look and they are non-slip too
    now that i got myself with another ones with a big think rubber underneath it
    they are more comfortable
    similar to these
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2411481428&category=10368

go check them out, may give you some idea of pedals you are lookin for :)
  6. Offline

MikeyRolla Guest

Message Count:
    Cool thanks for the help everyone. Alpha, how did they mount on when you installed them? I think I will get the petal kit very soon.
  7. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
    actually i found the 1 i am currently using on my rolla
    take a look
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6755&item=2411739241&rd=1

they are very comfortable as i mentioned before
    also they are VERY easy to install
    with the package, it comes with some metal strips for you to mount the pedal on to the original ones
    so yeah, when you got the whole package, you will see the instruction on the back

PS: if anyone needs Automatic pedal instead, just ask him
    i think he has it