1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

PS3 (Get rich quick)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TurismoDreamin, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    PS3 (Get rich quick)

Here's my idea of how to get rich quick tonight. Drive up to your local video game supplier before midnight tonight and scope out all the nerds camped out next to the front entrance. Mug all of them. Each person is carrying at least $500 in their wallets/purses tonight....lol, if you actually do this, shame on you!

Newayz, as much as I want the PS3, I face the same problem that the majority faces....not enough money or motivation to spend half a grand on any one single thing knowing that $500 only pays for the system, not its games or accessories. I plan on getting one sometime in the future, hopefully when the price goes down and after they've fixed all the first gen PS3 glitches.

With all that said, im curious....how many lucky ones here will be one of 400,000 in the US to purchase a PS3 tonight??
  2. Offline

DaCubanSkillz Active Member

Message Count:
    you mean 600.00. people around here have been camping out since monday night. I just heard that a circuit city here in VA lost its 6 PS3's in the mail and everyone that was standing in line got mad heated! lol.
  3. Offline

Fgca_rolla milky cocopuffs

Message Count:
    There are 3 best buys here all of which had at least 50 people camped out at the begining of today....that number has prolly doubled or tripled by now.
  4. Offline

Holy Rice New Member

Message Count:
    same, too expensive right now, im going to wait till the price drops and all the bugs and glitches are fixed
  5. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    naw my figuring is... go and "borrow" a buck from everybody then cut in line... you'll have at least 600 dollars and a PS3... :)
  6. Offline

supermann423 word.

Message Count:
    in my area...cops shut down a wal mart cuz fights broke out, kicked people out of the best buy line cuz of some law that they cant wait infront of a store before 24 hours of the release date or something...crazy stuff happening...someones gonna die tomorrow
  7. Offline

sddynamix Taybo Masta

Message Count:
    OR - you can camp out, get the PS3 for 600, then sell it on ebay for $2200. At least thats the going rate now.
  8. Offline

Barnacules 100101101011011

Message Count:
    This same shit happened with the XBOX 360 but on an even larger scale :D I only wish that I had of thought to pre-order the PS3 at like 10 different retailers so I could sell them and make a shit load of a profit. The next console I'm all over ;)
  9. Offline

James Bullshit Police

Message Count:
    ZZE110, MA70, JZA70, AE92 GT-S x2, xB with a rollcage, 900 ft-lb Dodge Ram
    you ever heard of credit?? :p
  10. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    Haha I was out there at many stores. Basically it was hell. They made a new law stating no one can line up 24 hours before a release. I was at best buy and people lined up anyways. Everyone got pissed and cops came and they didnt do shit. I was one of the first 10 people there and I left there empty handed. Next place I hit was the Sony Style store. It was in the mall. I was second person there. After sitting out there for about 4 hours with other people, secuirty told us to leave and come back at midnight. Security then told everyone to leave the property until 11:45 and a line can form at midnight. People were trying to form a line at like 11:30. Mind you there were well over 500 people here all rushing like horny dogs. Sony style was only getting 20. It got so out of hand that mall security made everyone go home and they shut off the release. This new law is all bullshit. I dont know if its everywhere but its here. Im gonna have to call people up. I wanted to get rick quick :(
  11. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Only 320,000 of those are the PS3s worth having, the upgraded version.

And the above DID happen last night....few people got shot over it.
  12. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    My prediction for the PS3.

It's going to come out, people are going to be bawlz to the walls over it...they are going to realize it's only got a Blu-Ray drive in it.

XBox360 is going to drop it's price by at least $100 within two weeks.

Everyone is going to say to themselves, "Why the sh!t am I buying this PS3? Most of the games for it are being ported to Microsoft as well (Assassins Creed comes to mind, and I saw the XBox release video about a month ago)

Sony is going down with this. They want WAY too much money for that system. I went from Nintendo to Sony...because Nintendo began marketing their systems AND their games to 4 year olds. Take the Wii. ...wow, you can play Mario Tennis and actually swing the remote? Gee...does Nintendo feel bad about kids sitting around playing video games all day, and want to do their part to get kids to "exercise?"

Nintendo is a bunch of bullsh!t. ...Sony made SO many bad decisions in the development and production of the PS3, that Microsoft made them look like a bunch of kids.
  13. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Nintendo will take over
  14. Offline

DaCubanSkillz Active Member

Message Count:
  15. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Sweet, I get a chance to go a couple rounds with you Eric.

Why do you think Nintendo has an edge over Microsoft?
  16. Offline

Stangdriver627 New Member

Message Count:
    there's a kid at my school that just got a PS3, i'm lookin on ebay and these things are already going for some crazy prices. I personnaly am not big enough gamer to really care about it. I can't justify spending $1500+ on a game console. Wait a year and everyone can have one, for a rape-free cost.

~Alex
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    I have 70 shares of NTDOY riding on it :D
  18. Offline

Message Count:
    I dont think they'll do it with the Wii tho...

Nintendo always comes out with revolutionary systems....SNES was the 16-bit set point for gaming systems....then N64 came out being the first to take advantage of 3D gaming, rumble controllers, etc...but from then on, I havent seen them excel much until the Wii except for interactive gaming...however, I am a huge fan of DDR, lol....I dont want to give my opinion on the Wii until I play it first....but I will say that im not too impressed with the graphics cuz they still look like they havent gotten any better from the gamecube...but once again, ill wait til I play it...

Funny thing was that since I grew up on Nintendo, I thought Nintendo was the best so I was against Playstation....then PS2 came out and I got one when they went down to $199 and fell in love with Playstation....I think the only reason id buy a Nintendo now would be to play the old school trademark Nintendo games like Mario, Zelda, DK, etc....I still absolutely LOVE Goldeneye on N64....
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    The Wii's claim to fame is going to be the interactive nature, not the graphics. I'm going to play one at a friends house tonight so I'll give you guys my official take on it tonight.
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    No system will take over, especially not the Wii. Here are my reasons.

*Wii
    -Cheap price
    -Aimed at younger kids because of games (mario, pokemon, etc) but there are other
    -Wow new motion remote, what happens when it slips out of your hands? Better make a trip to buy a new one.
    -No new graphics technology

*Xbox 360
    -Newer graphics technology (not as advanced as ps3 but its up there)
    -Still uses DVD game technology
    -Better graphics = more memory and seeing as its still on DVD, you lost memory for the graphics so now you got really short games

*PS3
    -Price way too much but it just released, price for xbox was pretty close too
    -Blu-ray technology means better graphics and longer games
    -Has a better cooling system than 360 because its heavily ventilated from all sides
    -No subscription things like xbox live but from what I hear you can buy "addons" for some games online
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    Ummm, no... They have a lot of adult and family targeted games, Super smash brothers and Metroid Prime for example.
    Nah, they have a strap that you can put around your wrist to keep your from chucking the Wiimote :D
    Yes there is :D they upgraded the graphics and processing power from the Game Cube, not by the same margin as say PS2 to PS3 but noticable. The FPS in most games has increased too from what I have been reading.
    Subject to opinion, I have read quite a few reviews that claim that the XBOX 360's graphics appear to be better then the playstation 3 because they have not mastered developement and perf on the Playstation hardware, but I'll have to try this first hand to make a decision :)
    True, but do games really need to be bigger then 8gig right now? I'm betting most of that space is going to be used for pre-rendered cinematics. Also the XBOX 360 has an HD-DVD drive out right now that you can buy, no games for it yet but I bet in the future we might see some.
    Not really, XBOX 360 was never $600 for just the system and controller :D
    I don't follow, data is data, Blu-ray may hold more then DVD but the video subsystem can still only load so many textures and display them despite the amount of storage on the media.
    Nobody can say for certain if it has better ventilation or not, time will tell. Just having more vents does not make your system run cooler, sometimes establishing a vaccume channel or wind tunnel effect is most beneficial. And lets not forget that sony's power supply is internal to the unit and not a break-out-box like the XBOX 360 which will contibute more overall heat to the structure.
    Wow! That was a lot of quoting :D
  22. Offline

Message Count:
    ^dayum, you tore him up, lol....but in ur response about graphics between xbox 360 and PS3....

The best example of graphics comparison between the two systems lies in the RPG game Elder Scrolls: Oblivion.....
  23. Offline

Message Count:
    Hell yeah :) Oblivion has awesome graphics, I love playing it on the Projector.
  24. Offline

Message Count:
    I never said they didnt have adult games.
    Ok fair, didn't know about that.
    They may have a slight increase but it is nothing comparable to its competitors.
    Im a playstation fan so yeah I guess it goes off opinion.
    And how much does this drive cost? Im assuming not cheap because its new technology. With the cost of that drive, it puts it self in PS3 price range territory.
    $600 is for the "premium" ps3. The other one is $500. Also Im also unsure of the hard drive space differences between the 360s and ps3s.
    Unsure on how to respond to this...
    Ive read review and seen videos of people who went to SCEA to review the ps3. They played for few hours and stated that the system was cooler if not the same as the 360. The ps3 has vents on all sides of the unit to allow better circulation.
    Tell me about it! Its great to hear opinions but Ill be a playstation fan forver!
  25. Offline

Message Count:
    You have to stick with what you love :)
  26. Offline

papasmurf7326 New Member

Message Count:
  27. Offline

Message Count:
  28. Offline

Message Count:
    99% buyer wont pay because its sellers friend lol. No one in the right mind will pay that much when all the other ones are barely hitting $3k.
  29. Offline

Message Count:
    Yeah, that is retarded. But I guaranty the next console I'm going to own 10 of them on ship day :D
  30. Offline

Message Count:
    Im gonna see if I can get a Wii. There are many available and they are going for around double on ebay. If worst comes worst Ill just return it.