1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Power Door Locks

Discussion in 'Interior' started by TheOne, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Offline

TheOne Guest

Message Count:
    i have done it many times. i used to be an installer. as far as cost. i wouold say about 9-20 dollers per door, depending on were you get your parts. and then add 2 relays and a monetary switch cost for thoes items should be under 10.00, or you can just use the alarm to lock/unlock. so your total cost for a 2door if you do the labor should be somewere around 30-50 max. as far as deficaulty i would say if you can install an alarm. you should be ok. as long as you know how to do revers polarity door locks. please feel free to ask me ? if you need more help:)
  2. Offline

supaloop Guest

Message Count:
    Power Door Locks

Has anyone here ever converted your powered by yourself door locks to power door locks? If so, how is it done, what's the cost, and how is the install job like?
  3. Offline

Ninety Four New Member

Message Count:
    I definitely don't know how to install an alarm... I see kits online starting around $75-$100. If I took it to someone to install for me, I'd probably pay at least $150. I work from 8am until 7 some days, so, even if I knew how, there's no way in hell I could install it myself.
  4. Offline

TheOne Guest

Message Count:
    i see your problem. i guess if i had to pay to have them installed by someone a good price for 2 doors with parts and labor would be about 100.00 a very good deal would be 75-80
    and a bad/high price deal would be anything close to 150-180. hope this helps.
  5. Offline

KainAzeroth Guest

Message Count:
    Thanks

I was just about to ask the same question. I have a 2005 corolla CE and my idea was to go to one of the local car junk shops and just take the automatic locks and wires and switches, etc. from an LE or S model. Sound like a decent plan?
  6. Offline

jayjay_rolla95 Guest

Message Count:
    i got a 95 corolla and i converted my manual lock to power locks... took me at least 3 hours, which i think could have been faster if i have all the tools that i need... had no previous experience with anything like that but was able to do it, which means it is easy, just time consuming... cost? $45...
  7. Offline

supaloop Guest

Message Count:
    what kind of conversion kit did u get???
  8. Offline

jayjay_rolla95 Guest

Message Count:
    i think its Bulldog Power door lock kit...
  9. Offline

caribbean custom designs Guest

Message Count:
    Hey I want to convert my girlfriend corolla 2005 to power look how do I need to buy and how do you make it. Do you have pictures? Thanks
  10. Offline

krazykanuk New Member

Message Count:
    hi
    i got the power locks, the actuators and such.. i'm installing an alarm soon, but would like the actual power locks physically mounted in the doors.. and am looking for some guidance on how to do this.

any help would be greatly appreciated...
    maybe some direction adn pics if possible
  11. Offline

juniorn2 Guest

Message Count:
    yo i went 2 places to get door lock put on my 04 corolla ce and they was like it cant be done i was tight they said something about the door didnt have enough clearance but if any 1 did this to a corolla my year let me know what kit you got cuz im dying for power door locks