1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Polishing head lights

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by Hummer, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    Polishing head lights

Hey guys, when i installed my halos i had to get rid of that yellow tint paint so i used airplane remove and let it sit too long before wiping off, now i have little holes in my head lights ALOT of them, i was told i could polish it by using some sand papers but from there i dont know what to do, ifi anyone has any step by step tips thatll help id appreciate it... otherwise, if anyone has a 2002 corolla head light left or right side ill pay for it if you can just send me the lense...
  2. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    any pics of how large these "holes" are? you could technically sand it but I have to say from personal experience, its a delicate process. you really have to know what you are doing. plus the other downside of things with sanding is you are sanding off the protective coating on the lens so your lens will "fog up" giving that very hazy look very easily (usually start to see it within a year. your best bet is to get a new lens if possible. check your local junk yard. that might be the cheapest route.
  3. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    What is airplane remove?
  4. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    It makes a car like moviestar's into a stock Corolla. ROFL
  5. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator