1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

pinstripe

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by bzzsan, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    pinstripe

a while ago i had to get a ding out of my car where sombody hit my right rear side panel in front of the taillight housing while it was parked. Anyway, they had to take the pinstripe off from the aft of the rear door as far as it goes back. So, its been done for a while now, and i went to get the pinstripe put back on but Toyota said the combo on my car has been discontinued, and a couple of other "pinstripe dealers" don't have it either. So I can either get the one that replaced it on my whole car, leave it as is, or take it all off. I like the way it looks with no pinstripe, so I was wondering if anybody knows whether or not i could just take the pinstripe off myself with like my fingernail, need some special tools, or whether this would require some pro time?
  2. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    I would imagine it comes off just like the moldings and the emblems. Just remove it like you would any other decal. That should work!
  3. Offline

JuicyJ New Member

Message Count:
    I'm pretty sure something like a blowdryer would do the trick. Don't use your fingernail unless you want to have a white pinstripe in its place.
  4. Offline

lostboy New Member

Message Count:
    yeah ... try heating it up ... and peeling it like a sticker... than remove the glue with goo gone or something ... maybe use a credit card to help ...and wash/polish/wax it
  5. Offline

SquirrelMaster New Member

Message Count:
    i just pulled mine off without heating it... if you take your time, you can get it off clean.

One of the sides took me too long because the stuff that holds the molding was too soft and stuck to the car.
  6. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    yeah, i just pulled mine off as is too. Then just kinda washed my car and no sign of anything :D