1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Performance Loans how many would be interested

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by w1ngzer0, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    Performance Loans how many would be interested

i did this poll on nico and wanted to get more votes. just vote you can ask questions or make comments.
  2. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    what's a performance loan?
  3. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Unless you are going to make a career out of racing, I wouldn't do it. To me, performance is for fun, like an expensive toy. I don't take it seriously. I do like to drive fast, but not to the point of going all out racing all the time. What I do to my car as far as performance go, is sort of like a hobby. If I have some leftover money, I'll buy some performance parts here and there to make my car better. Of course, the thought of having a fast Corolla is fun too at the same time.
  4. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    performance loan is money you can spend on car parts. Like say you take a 10k performance loan well you can spend all that on your car
  5. Offline

jessetc Guest

Message Count:
    you mean banks will actually give u loans to modify ur car? if so, do they expect u to profit from ur car by racing inroder to pay the loan?
  6. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    given enough a high enough credit rating (and the desire to pay 2 digit intrest..), you can walk into a bank and walk out with a cash "signature" loan. if you put up the car as colataral, might be cheaper. but most folks have a loan on the car anyway, so that blows that.

for that matter if you didnt have a loan on the car already, sell the car to yourself. you keep the car and the money, bank gets the title. you pay a simple used car loan rate.

[dad mode on] either way, mod what you can afford to fix. if you need a loan to pay for the mod, you shouldn't be modding. [/off]
  7. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    i am talking about people being able to take out what they can pay. Not so they can be in debt
  8. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    [dad mode back on/] what you describe is paying cash. taking out any loan is debt, and you are going to get whomped with intrest, probably in the 15-20% range for a "performance loan" which id guess to be on par with most other unsecured loans. [/off]
  9. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    If I had a way of paying it back, I wouldn't need a loan would I?
  10. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    its a faster way then waiting 2 years smart ass
  11. Offline

Flea Guest

Message Count:
    mm I agree with beak and matrix. Unless you plan to mod it out, race it constantly and attempt to profit off it, don't bother. The idea of loaning out money with any interest without profiting from it doesn't seem like a good idea to me. It will at first having all the money to play around with. But in the long run you'll have to pay for it all anyway, except with the loan you got the big interest. Just my 2 cents[/list]
  12. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    Still rather save it up than pay 1.5 the cost for it cause of interest :?
  13. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    trust me, if anyone wants to give me an intrest free loan to mod the car with, im all over it, but for me, id rather not have, than pay the intrest on a mod.