1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Passed smog

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by GSE21tuner, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Passed smog

Well, as it says, I passed smog with no problems luckily. I tried to find the shadiest place there was so I could pass my visual. LOL :D Most places won't even attempt the test when they see an aftermarket header/intake. I recently had my ripped flex pipe fixed and the new one makes a whistling sound on heavy acceleration. Almost sounds like a supercharger. LOL The guy paid no attention to that either. haha Emissions were passed with flying colors as usual though.
  2. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    LOL, I wonder what they will tell me when they see a Exhaust Cut-Out
  3. Offline

norcalnewbie New Member

Message Count:
    LOL grats...I just did my smog on my ep3 and it passed...omg i was nervous. on my rolla the place i normally take it makes me take off my intake but on my ep3 I have intake headers and exhauts and I really didn't want to take everything apart...it is such a hassle. And I don't have my stock headers and none of my equip. has carb papers. I ended up just saying screw it and went to this place I heard from some friends...The tested it and it passed...during the visual the guy asked me if my car was legal I said sort of...he didn't trip though. Got everything to go. Another thing that made me nervous is this is the first time i've smogged that car since i got it so i really wasn't sure if it would pass...
  4. Offline

KrypticKarma ~2001 Corrizm~

Message Count:
    We dont have smog testing here. Thankfully bc i need to replace my converter soon:)
  5. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    ^^^
    Yea if I had that here, I would buy a down pipe which would remove my cat unless I got a high flow and did a full exhaust
  6. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    the 8th gen is ob2,so as long it doesnt got any cel you good to go...las vegas doesnt care about visual inspection,you pass or dont pass you still have to pay the fee.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    My friend's AE86 will NOT pass for sure so you got his smog done illegally through a connection of his. 150 bucks to pass it. LOL :D He's running a test pipe and full exhaust right now. :) I keep telling him that every time he passes a Prius, he's equaling it out. haha
  8. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    only 150? I pay 200.
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Hmmm seems my friend has a better connection. I got an offer as low as 120 to get it done through my connection, but I know I can pass smog legally. A lot of places that used to do it around here are long gone now.
  10. Offline

norcalnewbie New Member

Message Count:
    damm i wish i had the connections you guys have. I would love to go all out on my cars. Also on a different subject do you know where to get a pretty good deal on a 86 corolla motor and tranny? I have a nice one I can get a hold of but the motor is kind f-d up. The guy that owns it has worked on it by himself but I think he just made things worst. I would like to just throw a new setup in there just so its easier for me. But I'd like to get a motor for a decent price from a reputable place.
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Talk to those who drive them. They usually know others or have spare motors that need to be sold. 4AGE motors are quite common, at least around here. The blue and red tops are more common. Black and silver tops require a little more effort to get, but it's not too bad.
  12. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    I only pay 10$ LOL
  13. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Sweet. LOL :D Is it Test Only or normal?
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    Some of the people who does "hookups" don't even physically need the car. All they need to see is the docunments so they can electronically transfer the data to the DMV telling them you passed. Some perfer that you don't even bring your car in because too many modified or hoopty looking cars rolling by would arouse suspicion. But most of those places are probably in the LA area because everyone in the bay area keep pointing me to the one same place in San Jose.
  15. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Exactly. You pretty much just give them your DMV smog number and cash and they take care of it for you.
  16. Offline

DOT. Noypi ako!

Message Count:
    I paid $120 for mine.:D Had to bring my car there and they guy couldn't put it in reverse. Haha.
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    LOL left and up?
    Last time I went for mog the tech was too big to fit in my recaro and couldn't get out one he was in.
  18. Offline

wasabinuts2go BeeP BEEP!

Message Count:
    lol!!!!
  19. Offline

rayray1 Active Member

Message Count:
    lmao

hope he didn't stretch the side bolsters :D
  20. Offline

pnyk33 300whp 4afte

Message Count:
    love FLA. dont have to worry about that 3" down pipe and no catalytic converter 3"exhaust system. :D..... not yet :rolleyes:
  21. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    In IL they just hook up to your OBDII, no errors or warnings, your free to go. Only problem is that the state runs the test so you can't just go to random shops like in CA and get away with it. If anything, it's easier to get around emissions in CA then anywhere else lol.
  22. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    But our emission levels are more strict. And we do have specific testing stations to go to. There's just some shady ones that will help you pass as long as you pay. :)
  23. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    i love az laws... they hook your car up check if your engine light is on, if your co2 levels arent crazy your on the road
  24. Offline

plu Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Sometimes I wish they brought back emissions testing in SC. It irks me when I look over every other car on the road and see a bright CHECK ENGINE light on. Not to mention the number of cars on the road with bulbs burnt out.
  25. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    all :D I don't even need to show the car :D
  26. Offline

norcalnewbie New Member

Message Count:
    california smog emissions suck really hard. We have smog referees, test only stations and smog and repair stations. Test only stations suck because those a holes won't tell you where to look. They just say it fails.
  27. Offline

jester1920 New Member

Message Count:
    Ya, and now in Cali, if they pass you illegally and get caught it's a HUGE fine. Talking $50,000 or more, and possibly with jail time. That's why those places are disappearing. There are so many cars, if they have a descent location, they will get business.