1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Parked Car Swiped

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Toxinate, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Offline

Toxinate New Member

Message Count:
    Parked Car Swiped

So my parked car got hit about half an hour ago... Right Rear quarter panel damage, enough to be pushed in over the bumper, the bumper's scratched/scraped, and my right rear tire rubs against something... Given a 94 Corolla, how much will this cost. I will be giving my Insurance company a call later today. It appears like the rear quarter panel is attached to the roof all in one piece?

Any information related or regarding this would be appreciated.
  2. Offline

Azn_SpICe New Member

Message Count:
    man, ....they didn't leave a note or ne thing??
  3. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
    /\ people only do that when theyve received substantial damage, it was probably someone in a buick or sumthin and theyre cars intact, or they didnt even notice
  4. Offline

Toxinate New Member

Message Count:
    Nah I got the people.. Called the cops and got a report. I was sitting in applebee's and my friend saw the whole thing. He's like, "Uhh, dude, your car just got hit." Apparently the girl couldn't hit the brake fast enough... But the 95 Saturn had enough force to push my rear tires 2 feet over...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  5. Offline

Paolino SolidTuned

Message Count:
    To give you an estimate, something similar happened to my rolla last year. [why you've seen no pics of it on here yet] Some guy hit my left rea quarter panel. (on a gas powered mini bike) He dented and scratched the left rear, dented my trunk with his head. (I hope he still hurts) and pushed the bumper out on the RIGHT side about 1/8-1/4 inch. Also scratched the rear bumper on the back side to the left.
    Total damage = $1200. Mostly becasue the dent in the trunk mean they are going to have to pop the dent, debadge, paint and rebadge...
    I will only owe my insurance company $250 for my deductable.

Your dent is HUGE. so it might be more.
    Hope this helps a bit.
  6. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    don't forget there MAY be underlying damage, as well. that's just based on what the pics show.
  7. Offline

Toxinate New Member

Message Count:
    Aight... Called the insurance co. and got my adjuster set for me. He'll be calling me either later today or tomorrow morning.

Question: my car is only worth ~$2500 give or take. This can't total my car, can it?

It doesn't appear there is any other damage, but that, I can't be totally sure of.
  8. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    I say find a new rolla... unless it's only a dent and it didn't bend much...

does it drive weird? dump it then
  9. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    damn dood that sucks, I almost got hit the other day by a lady backing up from a pump and I was right behind her and I had to honk for her to evetually stop like 1 inch away from my bumper..... some people just don't know there a wonderful invention called MIRRORS!!!! :D
  10. Offline

01rollas New Member

Message Count:
    Deep South, Texas , currently in Okinawa, Japan
    man that is what my 98 looked like on the rear drivers side. you car is a uni-body if i am correct/correct me if i am wrong. So the damage in estimate tends to be a bit higher than a car to repair. unit bodys are more expensive that body on ladder frames.
  11. Offline

D Matrix Member

Message Count:
    Dude that sucks, looks like a lot of damage. How fast was she going in that parking lot?

:mad:
  12. Offline

Toxinate New Member

Message Count:
    She was backing out of a damn parking spot.

Anyway, the insurance adjuster guy from their insurance co is supposed to be giving me a call tomorrow. I'll see what's up then.

Nice tC btw.
  13. Offline

01rollas New Member

Message Count:
    yeah nice TC
  14. Offline

chr12is New Member

Message Count:
    dont scrap that, its just a dent, its like a 1200 repair, like said above.

If you do scrap it, I will be seeing it at the junkyard, fresh for me to pillage all the parts off it. If I saw that in a junkyard I would buy the whole car and fix the dent myself.
  15. Offline

D Matrix Member

Message Count:
    Thanks guys!
  16. Offline

01rollas New Member

Message Count:
    thats what i would do if i could even come across a 00-02 rolla.
  17. Offline

CaptainCorolla Thread Captain

Message Count:
    They wouldn't total that out. Most insurance companies are decent enough to realize that totally out a car like that means you'd be out 1 car. My girlfriend's 96 Tercel was in an accident about 2 weeks ago, the front end sustained a lot more damage than that and there's no way her car is worth as much as the corolla. They fixed it.

We were going straight and someone pulled across 4 lanes of traffic (decided they wanted to turn right instead of left at the intersection). Anyway, we hit them T-bone on their passenger side. I jumped out and called them fuckers. One woman in the car was a complete bitch about it. Kind of funny... their insurance already accepted liability. I guess justice was gotten in the end. We even got a decent witness (for once).

The repair didn't go well. When we picked it up at the shop there was a lot of damage from the shop on factory paint. WHen the shop removed the masking tape, they peeled off the clear coat on the factory paint. Then they refused to fix it. They also didn't refill the washer fluid reservoir (which had to be replaced). I had to call the insurance to force the shop to repain everything at their cost. Which they should have done anyway, without arguing. The repaint was pretty poor, if you ask me. There's a paint drip on the underside and next to the handle. If it was my car, I'd have it redone again.