1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

News Paris Hilton's Countdown to Jail

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by corollagtswife, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Offline

corollagtswife New XRS Owner :

Message Count:
    Paris Hilton's Countdown to Jail

Countdown on for Paris Hilton

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Paris Hilton's mandatory makeover -- from designer duds to jail-issued jumpsuits -- is fast approaching.

The 26-year-old heiress has until 11:59 p.m. on June 5 to report to the Century Regional Detention Facility to start serving time for violating her probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.

A judge sentenced Hilton to 45 days behind bars, but Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said "she will do about 23 days," regardless of when she reports. She may choose to report early, or at an odd hour, to try to avoid media attention.

"It's the state law," he said, explaining the "good time/work time" requirement in which "you get days off for every day that you serve."

He said there's no chance Hilton will be released early due to overcrowding, as actress Michelle Rodriguez was in May 2006, when she served less than one day of a 60-day sentence at the same county jail.

"The situation in the jail will not determine (Hilton's) release," Whitmore said. "She has been given a full sentence. She will do her full sentence." (Watch Hilton show her darker side )

The 13-year-old Lynwood jail, located five miles south of downtown Los Angeles, has been an all-female facility since March 2006. The two-story concrete building sits in an industrial neighborhood, beside train tracks and beneath a bustling freeway.

Hilton will be housed in the facility's "special needs" unit, where she "very well may not" have a roommate, Whitmore said.

Like other inmates in the special-needs area, she will take her meals in her cell and will be allowed outside the 12-foot-by-8-foot space for at least an hour each day to shower, watch TV in the day room, participate in outdoor recreation or talk on the telephone. She will have to use a public pay phone -- cell phones and BlackBerrys aren't allowed.

Standards
    Hilton must come empty-handed to the jail, Whitmore said. Once she's booked into custody, she'll have to surrender her clothing and jewelry in exchange for the requisite orange jumpsuit.

She will also get the same standard-issue kit all incoming inmates at the 2,200-bed facility receive: a toothbrush, tube of toothpaste, soap, a comb, deodorant, shampoo and shaving implements, along with a jail-issued pencil, stationery, envelopes and stamps.

If Hilton wants to prettify herself in her cell's polished-metal mirror, she can buy a compact, eye shadow, an eyebrow pencil and package of hair coloring from the jail commissary, where she can draw from a prepaid account.

Inmates are also allowed to have up to three books and magazines each week and a maximum of five photographs -- no larger than 4-by-6 inches.

No special arrangements have been made to accommodate the heiress, Whitmore said.

"The sheriff treats all inmates alike," he said.

But Nicole Richie, Hilton's on-again friend and reality-show co-star, had a different opinion when she spoke to Ryan Seacrest on his morning radio show Wednesday.

"The way that Paris' whole entire case was dealt with was, A, out of her control but B, really unfair," Richie said. "Sometimes people just get exploited so I can only hope that doesn't happen to me."

Richie was charged with driving under the influence and pleaded not guilty in February, and is awaiting the resolution of that case. She was previously convicted of DUI in June 2003.

Besides starring in "The Simple Life," Hilton is an aspiring pop singer who released her debut CD in August. She also has a namesake perfume and handbag collection.

Her spokesman, Elliot Mintz, had no comment Thursday.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  2. Offline

ShallowPockets New Member

Message Count:
  3. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Finally. The law doing something right. This ought to be interesting. :D
  4. Offline

RinconRolla98 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Free Paris....:)
  5. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    paris deserves to go to jail...
  6. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    Good. I hope she gets roughed up in prison..
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I don't think she'll get roughed up. She has a lot of fans(no idea why) so if she gets hurt it would be bad publicity.
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    Paris deserves a 20th chance.... :) LOL
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    She's a joke. Without her money and material things, she's worthless.
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    I dont think it that would mean anything. It's a prison and those kind of things happen. She reportedly has been receiving threats about how inmates want to take her things or make her their b*tch, basically, and that if she doesn't comply with them, then they'll beat her up. The news even says she will not be given any special treatment. As a matter of fact, one of the head guards interviewed said that he treats all the inmates equally. That's how it should be and that's the only way she'll learn. But for some reason, I think she's gonna walk out of the prison at the end of her term, write a book about it, and make another monopoly...
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    I concur. It's what every fucking celeb does when they get into a situation that their money can't get their stupid ass out of.

Terrible I tell you. But like it was said above ... without her money and stuff, she's worthless. Not even sure why people think she's hot. She has no tits, her nose is shaped weird, and she kinda looks like her dog TinkerBell. It's troof ya'll.

:)

[IMG]<p>

Just to prove my above statement ... look people.
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    :lol
  13. Offline

Message Count:
    yea...plus she has an STD......or maybe even STD's, plural...
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    looks like she had a breast job in that pic:)
  15. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    don't need big breast to look hot.... lol
  16. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    haha...anyone see Silverman dissing on her last night on the MTV awards?.....

She said that to accomadate Paris, they were going to paint the bars to look like Penis's......and then she said "I really hope she doesnt chip a tooth or something"...hahahaha. Everyone was laughing except Paris.
  17. Offline

DaCubanSkillz Active Member

Message Count:
    That was beyond funny! They were taking hits at her and she just sat there...lmao.
  18. Offline

Machinehead2k5 Chemosabe

Message Count:
    Yeah that was great. Then they always panned to Jack and he was balling from laughing so hard he, needed a swig of his SmartWater to calm himself down. Her look everytime SIlverman said a Paris joke were great. I liked iit when the crowd started cheering when Silverman said "Paris Hilton is going to jail." CHEEEEER for like a couple of minutes.

And it's not really her money anyway if I believe. Her grandpa is the one who started the Hilton chain and her uncle I believes has the most control over the company.
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    ^Yea but all you have to do is be related to someone famous/popular/has money and if you have a pretty face, your fame will follow. Case in point, Kim Kardashian, Miley Ray Cyrus, Brooke Hogan, Ashlee Simpson (how the f*** did she think she had the same talent as her sister, Jessica)...

Here's a video of that:
    http://www.break.com/index/sarah-silverman-rips-on-paris-at-mtv-awards.html
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    i wish i would have seen it,you'd think that with Sarah hosting you'd stay away from the damn place ... she isn't exactly ms. nice.
  21. Offline

Message Count:
  22. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I hope she get shanked.
  23. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
  24. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    she belongs in prison not in jail...
  25. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    She just checked herself in. Let the fun begin!
  26. Offline

Message Count:
    Dude she cheked herself in on Sunday night after the MTV Movie Awards...where have you been?
  27. Offline

Message Count:
    ^yea, I was fixin to say, lol..
  28. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    I know she checked herself in after the awards, but why? She wasnt due in until today....

And UB40 is suing her too for ripping off their song. Just read that...not sure how old that is
  29. Offline

Message Count:
    Im not sure how it works...but it could be that since she checked herself in earlier, she gets out earlier??....or also, to avoid the press, which they said that she was to go a different route or something like that to avoid the paparazzi since it presented a safety issue..
  30. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    she probably have a hard time telling time.