1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

paint job

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by capntoo, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Offline

capntoo New Member

Message Count:
    Doesn't sound good to me. I just had my body kit painted and it was dry to the touch within 8 hours.....
  2. Offline

whitekorolla02 Guest

Message Count:
    well it is dry. it just looks like if scratch it with my nails i think it'll come off, i didn't do it but it looks like it.
  3. Offline

whitekorolla02 Guest

Message Count:
    paint job

The guy whos painting my car called me up to go to the shop to see how the car is turning out,,, but i see the paint to glossy and is kinda sticky too, it's been like a week since the pieces i touched were painted. now my questions is, is that normal that i looks too glossy and it feels sticky? or the guy doesn't have any idea of what he's doing, i don't wanna find out i paid 2k for a bad paint job. ... also something else, he said that he's almost done with the body kit, it looks painted to me but it has little holes, he said that the paint gets warms and makes the holes after he covers them but, after all like he said he isn't done yet,, i'm f***ing desperate to get my car back, he's been having it for 4 week now.
    I'll appreciate if you guys give some comments.
    Thanks.
  4. Offline

SynfulRolla Guest

Message Count:
    where did you take your car??
  5. Offline

whitekorolla02 Guest

Message Count:
    the guy has his own shop. it's called Victor's body shop
  6. Offline

midniterains Guest

Message Count:
    there are pinholes in fiberglass that you are supposed to cover using bondo or something before you paint it.
  7. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    sounds, also, like he might not have put enough hardener in the paint. i know that happened with Derrick's fender, and it was sticky almost a month after it was painted because the paint never really set.
  8. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    just have them put it back into the oven for a while
  9. Offline

Zach New Member

Message Count:
    I always thought that you added thinner to the base/paint. Then added hardener/activator to the clear coat? I'm probably wrong though.. lol
  10. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    i could be wrong meself...but then again, i'm no painter...i just watched when my kit was painted