1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

oxygen sensor wire harness?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Vibe, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    oxygen sensor wire harness?

okay so i have the obx header and its throwing the p0420 code. i've already replaced the cat and it still didnt fix the code. i think its because it is throwing off the rear o2 sensor. so now im trying to get a rear o2 sensor simulator and i emailed this company that makes them. they want me to take high resolution pictures.

here is what they said:

Can you unplug your O2 sensor connector from the OEM harnes and take some up-close digital pictures of both connectors and then email us the pics. Also, what engine is in your vehicle.

With this infomation we can send you a test sim unit. With the testing info you provide us you can either keep the test sim for free or return it for a production sim kit at 30% discount.

your O2 sensor plugs into a wire harness on the vehicle. it does not plug into the ECU. i just need to see what type of connector your O2 sensor has, etc.

so...where do i find this wire harness that they are talking about? please help!

vibebreaker added 30 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Ttt
  2. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    get into the passenger side of your car. Look under the dash (under the glove box) and find the place where the carpet ends. Pull the carpet up from there along the center console (there are some velcro strips holding down the carpet). You should find a taped up harness comming through a grommet/hole on the center tunnel next to the center console.. follow the harness and you will find the plug for the o2 sensor.

Just tuck the carpet back under the center console when done.
  3. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    thanks, you are a life saver! will try this tomorrow

is there a specific color or any indicator for the o2 plug?
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    theres only one harness coming up through the floor board/center tunnel. you can't miss it. When you find the harness and unplug it, it should be a 4 pin (2x2) harness
  5. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    is it pretty much right behind the center console?

is it the yellow or orange circle in the pic?

[IMG]
  6. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    vibe, fix my car too
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    pull the carpet back some more.. it's half way down the passenger side foot well.
  8. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    ohhhh okay makes sense since thats where it is underneath the car..lol
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    o yea, if you still cant find it, jack up the car.. follow the harness from the o2 sensor to where it go through the floor board. Then stick something through that hole (you finger, a twig, screwdriver, etc) and you should see it when you look inside the car.

what you circled is the place where the shifter cable go through the firewall.