1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Opinions between the Rolla and the tC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TRD04, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Offline

TRD04 Guest

Message Count:
    wait wait wait........prelimenary numbers show the tc running a 0-60 time in about 7.9 seconds. I know thats may sound good too some, but my 5 speed corolla, stock, ran a 8.2 0-60 run. Now I know the tc has more torque, and might be better off on the long run, but is it worth being upside down on the finance? Also, you have to consider switching from a sedan to a coupe.
    I think that the 1zzfe and even the 2zzge has better potential outcome than the 2.4 DOHC that it has and shares with Camry, Solara, Highlander. Unless you opt for the 3500 supercharger.
  2. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    Racing Solution has plans for the tC in the coming months :cool: :D
  3. Offline

BLAZETIGER Guest

Message Count:
    Opinions between the Rolla and the tC

Hey guys. I recently got my 03 Rolla (used), but with the debut of the Scion tC I've been thinking of actually trading it in for one. Please keep in mind that I haven't actually seen one in person or test driven one so that could all change. I did a search for comparisons and such, but couldn't find anything.

Anybody here already seen one and test driven it? If so how does it compare to your Corolla? Would you trade it in or not? Pros and cons please.

I like how the Corolla looks personally, but I'm attracted to the higher performance numbers on the tC plus the panoramic dual moonroof.
  4. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    Well if you like the way the Corolla looks you will really like the Tc. It has alot more power. More features and is geared to a younger market.

I personally think it will do well.
  5. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
  6. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    I am sure you already know about this site.. www.scionlife.com
    Personally, I would dump my rolla and get the tC if I could. Oh and if you are trading that Rolla, you are probably going to be buried (negative equity) if you are financing it.
  7. Offline

BluAEoN Guest

Message Count:
    well well well... if it isnt levy himself!! hahaha wasup man!! i didnt know you post here now too. :D anyways... i would definately go for tC. love the looks and the power... also, aftermarket will be easy once they are released. 17000 MSRP for fully loaded... not bad at all... go for it.! :D
  8. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    Is the tc actually out now? The dealer around me just started getting the xa and xb.
  9. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    Not yet...Should be released next month though.
  10. Offline

TakumiJr Guest

Message Count:
    I can't wait to test drive one and I'm still debating on trading in the xA for one, but I love my xA though.
  11. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    The TC owns just so you guys know...

I've gotten a chance to get "intimate" with one, lol...

I personally plan on purchasing one within the next year. I won't be trading my rolla in or anything (i still love muh rolla too much to let her go) but you can bet I'll be getting a TC.

I would wait a few months though before getting one. As my friend over at Toyota was telling me, since it's a new release - there are bound to be some quirks and such and it'd be good to let your dealer have some problems with one or two before getting one.
  12. Offline

Ninety Four New Member

Message Count:
    We're not talking about the 240sx here.... Damn drifters!

J/k... It's actually the motor out off the camry apparently.
  13. Offline

weed101160 New Member

Message Count:

:D its just when anyone tries to defend the ka, the first thing to come to mind is "truck engine, low reving, no potential" and yet heres a tc with the exact same characteristics and everyone will be on it's jock
  14. Offline

hooolala Guest

Message Count:
    lol... so does vpower, i'm getting a TC soon so i'll need all the parts i can fine..
  15. Offline

corollinout New Member

Message Count:
    anyone thinking of an engine swap when there are more TCs on the road and finding a motor at a junk yard?

there are prolly gonna be alot of possibilities, VVTi 2.4L
  16. Offline

Tokez420 Guest

Message Count:
    torque owns
  17. Offline

weed101160 New Member

Message Count:
    2.4? must be a truck engine.....
  18. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    i'd get a tC hands down
  19. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    iam loving the TC i want to one of the first ones in my area to get one i plan on making it my show car
  20. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:
    its too bad that the same engine has been in camrys for years now.

cost-hp ratio will not favor u...if youre swap crazy get an older rolla or go to the dark side....honda.
  21. Offline

xACorollaS-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    Get the Corolla XRS way better... not to put down the tC but its just a really cool looking camry... although the style is awesome, it wont be a very popular custom car so it might be a good project if you have the cash to spend...but the XRS has a sunroof
  22. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
  23. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    I wouldn't be surprised if that head becomes an issue when modding.
  24. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    Looks a LOT better than the XRS!!! Plus will probably have a LOT better handling capabilities and IMO, be a better performing car--and get more looks.

Go for the tC man.!
  25. Offline

ChristianVA New Member

Message Count:
    im still deciding which one i should get....a TC or a MRs. I know the TC is for the youger market but i know that everybody well have this car...i love the panarmic(sp) glass roof they have. and the style is nice since toyota took a long time to make a nice look two door coupe. I was think also to get a used MRs...people say i look good in a convertable and i wanted a MRS for such a long time since they came out. Also having an MRS is much different than the TC. Im still weigh on my decision for next year.
  26. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
  27. Offline

prophesized Guest

Message Count:
    yes, to the mentally retarded.

if by fly you mean move about as fast as a girl on a tricycle then yes it will fly.
  28. Offline

97PrizmLsi Guest

Message Count:
    seriously it has to make 60 faster than that...
  29. Offline

kainam Guest

Message Count:
    tC rocks, I loved the styling from the get go, I think it looks a little more 'comlicated' then the xA and xB too. I think it is a step up from a corolla, one that I might take in a few years
  30. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:

Wow, you have no idea what you are talking about. XRS is a nice car, I've driven it, yeah, it's got 170 hp and no fucking torque. It's got a very high compression so it's very difficult to use FI. It's 19 grand

tC has a good amount of hp and lotsa torque. True it weighs 400 more pounds than an XRS but a supercharger is already available that pushes hp to 200 and torque to 200. This car w/ TRD supercharger will be under 20 grand and will annihilate a corolla XRS. tC has a panoramic moonroof which is a hell of a lot cooler than a sunroof

Read this review on Urban Racer and then think about the statement you presented
    http://www.urbanracer.com/articles/...r.asp?a=957&z=3

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]