1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Operation Northeastern Watch

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TurismoDreamin, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    Operation Northeastern Watch

This refers mainly to the Northeastern section of Oklahoma. Apparently, we have a huge problem with wreckless drivers and excessive speeders on the highways around and radiating from Tulsa. (and no, its not because of street racing, its because of alot of people seem to be in a rush all the time) It's made our highways pretty unsafe. I dont use the highway so it doesnt bother me. But the news said that they'll have helicopters patroling for 14 hours on Saturday, ending on Sunday. The law enforcement involved will be Tulsa Police, Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Missouri Highway Patrol, and Arkansas Highway Patrol. There will also be some checkpoints at certain areas on the highway where they will check drivers licenses.

http://www.kotv.com/main/home/stories.asp?whichpage=1&id=81928

In the little suburbian town I live in right outside of Tulsa, our city has an undercover patrol car already, a Dodge Intrepid, that they always use to bust people who speed on the highway. Im pretty sure they'll be using that this weekend. Other undercover cars on the highway that i know of belong to Tulsa. Ive either seen or heard of the following from the police themselves.

-White unmarked Impala
    -Black unmarked Impala
    -Two toned Dodge Ram (green and gold trim)
    -Black older model Acura Integra with black rims and exhaust (Patrols I-75 and pulls over people who challenge the car)
    -i think we have 5-6 Motorcycle cops for Tulsa
    -White old Crown Victoria. Only way you can tell this is a cop car is when you see the cop in uniform through the un-tinted window, and by the two antennas on top of it that look like little tiny shark fins. The lights are electronically controlled and pop up from the dash and rear area where they're hidden. I saw this one at the Tulsa County Court House and on the news when they first got it refurbished a long time ago.
  2. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    wow it seems like a serious problem over there.... I don't think we've had any of those here in CO...
  3. Offline

statik New Member

Message Count:
    Hm. Sounds serious. During the winter / spring / fall months in alaska, the icy roads keep wreckless assholes in check naturally. :D They end up in a ditch with a wrecked vehicle.
  4. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    they should seriously just have like an STI and Integras with exhausts and people would challenge those everywehere!
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    Yea, I knew it was a problem but i didnt know it was this big....and outta all places, Tulsa, Oklahoma....man, i almost feel like LA but i know its nothing even close to that since ive been there n seen their problem too...
  6. Offline

renfield90 New Member

Message Count:
    They're using Integras?!? That must befor street racing, cause cops don't normally use imports.

Flip-up lights, eh? You used to be able to barely see them through the dark tinted windows, but not anymore I guess. Police are becoming more and more creative, I've seen Arizona DPS start using Grand Am GTs. They also don't care about colors much either, used to be black or white. Now I'm seeing blue, red, you name it. Nowadays any domestic with a V6 or better I see is pretty much suspect, until I rule it out.

Not that I speed excessively, but what's to stop a cop from pulling you over for 10 over, even if you're just in the middle of traffic?
  7. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    um yeah we do... we have everything form a Chevy silverado black dark tinted windows (C-470 and Hilands ranch) to the CSP's viper street car... buddy of mines dad drives that one... shes a beauity.. lights are in the rear tails and head lights. and all those camaros that the CSP has... also some tundras and tahoes for jeffco... but most have dark ass tint and obvous lights in the rear deck... but the trucks are the hardest to spot cause the antenna wires are in the beds so you can't see them.
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    Just got back from takin my cousin back to his apartments near the midpoint of Tulsa. Didnt take the highway on the way there but i did on the way back. I went on I-44 west and I-75 south. I saw two helicopters, one on I-44 and the other near the I-44 and I-75 interchange...please note that Tulsa only has one traffic helicopter, not two...the other one must've came from Oklahoma City or out of state. Came up to a bridge on I-75 and saw two highway patrol on my left on the other side of the highway on that side's off ramp. Then when I passed the overpass bridge, on my right side ramp, four highway patrol were lined up one right after the other on the off ramp where my radar detector went off at full strength and plus, my VG alert(radar detector detector) went off too...luckily, my detector has VG Protect so they cant detect my radar detector. I didnt see anyone pulled over though but im pretty sure they've been pullin people over all day.....craziness....im glad this is like a one time thing, ya kno....I dont want to see Crown Victoria's, Impala's, Suburbians, and Camero's on the highway anymore!
  9. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Who cares if they do detect your detector? its not illegal.

And this happens every day in this area. Corvettes, Camaros, 4 wheel drive trucks, Expeditions, etc all over the DC metropolitan area interstates, every single day.
  10. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    arn't radar dectors illegal in DC.
  11. Offline

Rolla95 Rollin' Out y0

Message Count:
    in the next town over from me they have a blown mustang 5.0 that they use for high speed pursuits...that thing is crazy quick
  12. Offline

renfield90 New Member

Message Count:
    Who's seen the Italian police's Lamborghini?

In Germany the police use BMW M3s on occasion for faster pursuits (though they don't have many, people generally obey the speed limit when it's there ;)), and the doctors that arrive before ambulances (ambulances can be slow in traffic, a smaller car can get to an emergency faster) drive Porsches.
  13. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    Most Crown Vics here are cops, they have dark blue one, fully unmarked on 95 between Newark and Wilmington and around the Delaware Memorial Bridge. They also have Camaro's and in southern DE Impala's. Another thing if you drive an import and more inportantly a modded import, become a grandmother driver cause they like to pick on us more.
  14. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Yeah.....only illegal in DC and VA.
  15. Offline

Rolla95 Rollin' Out y0

Message Count:
    i thought the detectors that block cops from knowin u have one are illegal, mine does that
  16. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Nope, those arent illegal.
    Logically, why would it be illegal?
  17. Offline

statik New Member

Message Count:
    Because YOUR HIDING SOMETHING! And thats BAAAAD!
    :p
  18. Offline

renfield90 New Member

Message Count:
    As far as I know, most radar detectors are passive, so you wouldn't really be able to detect them.

Even if you could detect them, there's no problem at all, except for a couple of places. I've never heard of anyone who's been pulled over, hid their radar detector, and the cop told them he knew there was a detector.

If you have something that is some kind of jammer, then it's probably illegal. You're basically broadcasting with a license. I'm sure there are several other legal ramifications as well, and you could very well be arrested when the cop finds out.