1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

ok need fellow computer geeks to help me

Discussion in 'Interior' started by moonshadow, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    ok need fellow computer geeks to help me

i finally got done building my PC and installed XP pro on there. everything runs good except the damn audio card. it is a Sound Blaster Live and eventhough the drivers are installed, it wont work. i already checked in safemode, regular mode and several other things but this damn thing wont work, no sound outta the headphone jacks, or speaker jacks, can ayone help or give me some ideas, i'm pretty burnt out and pissed.

:x :x
  2. Offline

razz422 Guest

Message Count:
    Try going to http://www.soundblaster.com/ and search for your sound card’s model number and download the most current driver for XP. Re-installing the driver might help. It happened with my video card.
  3. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    ok soundblasters site wont work on all 3 of my computers, and also there is an uninstalled multimedia component, but the blaster shows on the computer, could that be it. this is pissin me off.
  5. Offline

razz422 Guest

Message Count:
    Can you let me know the model number of you sound card? I’ll try seach for the most current driver and let you know the link (... if I find any :)).
  6. Offline

Message Count:
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    um, its just a regular sound blaster live 5.1 sound card, not the platinum or the othe one.
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    already have the latest drivers too. this is just buggin me now.
  9. Offline

razz422 Guest

Message Count:
    Ok, if you already have one, you should try re-installing it.
    It happened with my video card and scanner. I just had to re-install them.
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    already done that like 4 times
  11. Offline

Patsfan123 Guest

Message Count:
    Does your new motherboard have onboard audio, if it does you must disable it through the bios... If you come on AIM i can help you more, computers were my first love, now its cars :)
  12. Offline

razz422 Guest

Message Count:
    Wow, hardware expert!! :)
    I’m a programmer, but I know minimal about hardware :(
  13. Offline

Message Count:
    that is a good idea, i should try that, i never tried that. thanx, i'm on line at aim right now, my sn is stonetempel03, i would really appreciate your help cuz the mother board does have on board audio.
  14. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    I thought u work at office depot :p.... BTW mayb its defective?
  15. Offline

lostboy New Member

Message Count:
    yep that's what i was going to say ... you could also disable it through hardware devices ... and sometimes they have jumpers on the board to disable them ...

what system did you make anyhow?
    computers are so cheap now .. i remember i payed $1000 for my amd 1100 tbird with abit kt7a and some ultra160 scsi drives and a geforce 2gts 3 years ago ... now i can get a 3.5 ghz for the same price with hella new good stuff ... too bad i don't need all that yet...waiting for new games to come out!
  16. Offline

xtm "Member"

Message Count:
    Could be an IRQ conflict. I would first try to relocate the card to another PCI slot and see what happens. You can also set the IRQ's in the BIOS to Auto.

Have you disabled the onboard SND yet?

I found out that 99% of the time, the videocard would cause an IRQ conflict with the sndcard, (most AGP ones)
  17. Offline

lostboy New Member

Message Count:
    I'm not completely sure about xp ... but w2k for sure uses one irq for almost everything ... it's like infinite irq ... so there shouldn't be a problem .. i think it's irq12 ... not sure ... anyhow .. did you check to see if the onboard card works.. if it's still working that is the problem for sure ...

go to device manager and click on the sounds and see if there is a hardware conflict ...
  18. Offline

Message Count:
    what's that supposed to mean

btw thanx guys, i worked it out, it was an issue with the card. i got a new one and it works fine. i also reinstalled windows cuz for some reason it was lagging the last time. hopefully things will stay smooth from here on.
  19. Offline

Pred Guest

Message Count:
    no offense but it probably wasn't the card, the older Sound Blaster Live! series sound cards do have problems with XP.. my 2 bro's, my dad, myself and some friends have this card, a sound blaster 5.1 xgamer(i have, others have reg.) and it just doesn't seem to work... you either can uninstall it from the hardware device manager/list and all its components then restart computer and it should work, if not just go into sound options and you gotta mess with your speaker settings, with what speakers you have... the creative drivers for this certain card or series of cards conflicts with XP, i do not reccommend installing the drivers as they are already in XP, just givin you a headsup :p
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    actually its working now. i got a new card, that one was defective cuz i tried it on my old PC with win 98 and 2000. it worked on both OS's