1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

OEM Taiwan Altis Grill for sale.....

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by SSJ_Rolla, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
  2. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
  3. Offline

darrenwang Guest

Message Count:
    Don't really like it.........
  4. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
  5. Offline

Hirolla Guest

Message Count:
    No way... this grill is MINE! Been waiting a long time to find one of these!
  6. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    haha, if its the same one that Art showed me last night, the price on that thing will be sky high
  7. Offline

Hirolla Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, we'll see. A grill is only worth SO much though.
  8. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    lol, the bid is at $66 now lol...man thats way too much i don't want it that bad, hey hirolla are u one of the bidders? if so which one?
  9. Offline

Hirolla Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, I'm the sucker that's currently ahead :wink: (Pukanskyma). I'm trying to restrain myself from going too high but these things are so hard to come by. I've written a LOT of people about it, e.g. got in contact with Shyguy's SISTER in Japan! She said that the grills they have there isn't this kind. (This is from Taiwan or Thailand probably)
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    hehe, yeah i got mine from there, 30 bux is what it cost me. b4 u start askin, NO i cant hook u guys up. my boi went down there for vacation and i had him pick me up one. :lol:

Hey Art, Lovin the Fox, like i mentioned earlier
  11. Offline

Hirolla Guest

Message Count:
    Hey I just realized, I also contacted YOU about it :eek: ! Yeah, "b4 u start askin, NO i cant hook u guys up." that's what you told me then too :cry: ... hehehe.
  12. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    Damn bro, u shoulda had em bring like 10 and ebay em :D... Damn Art dont get it... I like ur ride better without.... I like the IS300ish grill, someone in Taiwan has it...
  13. Offline

nakanari Guest

Message Count:
    becasue the altis is not realse in japan..they only relased to other country .so u won't find the altis OEM part in japan.
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    yeah i should have but i didn't wanna have him come back with a ton of grills and get in trouble at customz, besided i think if u bring that much of something like that, they might charge u duty or import tax, but i could be wrong
  15. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    oh well...
  16. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    I am going to ask racesonic to see if he can get some of those too
  17. Offline

03ToyMan New Member

Message Count:
    It's up to 92 bucks with three days left!

Anybody know anyone still in the military? Military people know other military people, who may know military people in Taiwan.
  18. Offline

Hirolla Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, I totally fold... NO grill is worth that much to me unless the Chrome on it is actual Silver! Anyway, I'm in the Navy but I don't know anyone that's over there right now. If I were to try to contact someone there it would be a friend on a ship that's stationed on the West Coast cause they go to Asia for their 6 month cruises... sometimes further.
  19. Offline

Hirolla Guest

Message Count:
    BTW, I saw a pic a while ago of a 'Rolla with an IS300 grill on it... does anybody know for sure if the 2003 IS300 grills fit our 'Rollas with no gaps or alterations?
  20. Offline

Hirolla Guest

Message Count:
    INSANE! Can you believe that this Altis grill just sold for $143.50 +shipping!!!! Someone REALLY wanted that grill BAD. Man, I wanted it pretty bad but I called it quits after about $80!
  21. Offline

03ToyMan New Member

Message Count:
    I'll bet ya a dollar the guy that bid that much doesn't pay...
  22. Offline

nakanari Guest

Message Count:
    yes --->i'm the guy who post that pics..the grill is same like altis style but the mesh and emblem are lexus..

for sure i canl import 2 grill now or soon.but the price wasn't cheap for tax and shipping.

tony
  23. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    [IMG]

i dunno about this...putting that on your car is a bad idea IMHO its a corolla not a lexus is300
  24. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
    and yours is a corolla...not an altis ...lol

j/k.
  25. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    lol shaddap nomes haha

sure its not...but at least its the same car...lol u can't claim ur corolla is an IS300 haha
  26. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
    lol... I dont think it is IS300 (nothing like it)... All I am saying is that IT IS mistaken for a Lexus!
  27. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    hehe, maybe in canada...but not in southern california! :wink: hehe
  28. Offline

thoots Guest

Message Count:
    Guys,

Guess I ought to introduce myself. Yep, the verysame crazy guy who ponied up the bucks for the real Altis grille! :D

Here's what it'll go on when I get it:

[IMG]

Yeah, just a regular, old fully-loaded 2003 LE. :D I don't plan on doing too much to it -- I've already replaced the awful Firestone tires, and I've got SilverStar bulbs in the headlights. I intend to add foglights to it eventually -- that wasn't a real high priority for me, but now I think those will really work with the new grille to polish off the front-end look. Beyond that, I might go for a full leather interior kit some day, and that should be all of the "modifications" I'll do to the thing...

I'm sure I'm an "old fart" to the rest of you guys -- in my "mid-forties." Some of us old dudes like to make our cars look sharp, too! :D I chose the LE most definitely because of the interior -- I really didn't want the "all-black" S interior. I wouldn't mind the S ground effects stuff, but I'm not really into spoilers, either, so it was the LE for me. But, yeah, it could use a little help in the looks department!

As for the auction, that's "pocket change," guys! :D Not having a clue what others might bid, I bid more than twice as much as the eventual price, which was really right in the neighborhood of where I was expecting it to end. I really don't expect these "real Altis grilles" to become all that commonplace, and that's peanuts to get a "one of a kind" look! OK, so maybe it won't be "one" of a kind, but I sure doubt we'll see more than a handful of these grilles in the US over the years! So, I'm pretty dang happy with the deal!

I'll definitely post some pictures of the final result once I get the grille and install it, so stay tuned! :D

thoots
  29. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    very nice thoots welcome to the forum...and don't worry about being an old fart...we actually have members older than you! :shock: hehe

make sure to post pics when u get the grill and congrats on winning the bid hehe...i was foolish to think no one would bid more the $60 :(

the only reason we feel it costs alot is cuz a few members on here got the OEM altis grill for alot cheaper hehe...i think my friend achint got it for the cheapest cuz of connections
  30. Offline

thoots Guest

Message Count:
    Zero,

Thanks for the welcome! :D

I'll definitely post plenty of pictures, no worries! :D

thoots