1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine o2 sensor eliminator

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by skullnbones, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Offline

skullnbones Guest

Message Count:
    o2 sensor eliminator

i just put an alfawerks catback exhaust on my 01 rolla and 20 minutes later my check engine light came on. does anyone know were to find an o2 sensor eliminator.
  2. Offline

fishexpo101 Get Some

Message Count:
    Why would you want to do that? The O2 sensor is needed to proper operation - stand alone ECM still need A/F info from a wide or narrow band O2 sensor.

Find out what is causing the CEL - probably an exhaust leak - before you start cutting sensors off.
  3. Offline

COROLLA1ZZ New Member

Message Count:
    the check engine light is on becouse there is too much air flow through the cat. It done it to mine to ignor it..............lol....I do
  4. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    I didn't get a CEL with my exhaust..hmm.
  5. Offline

ChristianVA New Member

Message Count:
    how in the world are you getting an 02 sensor problem from a CATBACK exhaust????????
  6. Offline

COROLLA1ZZ New Member

Message Count:
    to much flow
  7. Offline

ChristianVA New Member

Message Count:
    no because alphawerks is not a cat back system
  8. Offline

sins New Member

Message Count:
    i heard on the radio that ARCO has the free check engine light deal. Just go there and have them check it out for you.
  9. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    i thought the O2 sensor is a very important component of the car since its used by the ecu to adjust the A/F ratio properly....
  10. Offline

Schoat333 New Member

Message Count:
    you have other problems i drove my car with only the first cat and the seccond o2 sensor and never got a CEL. it was loud as hell tho. :)
  11. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah your o2 sensor is most likely not the problem.

Schoat I think when the o2 sensor gets no reading the ecu operates on a "default" setting so you could probably run without a oxygen sensor.
  12. Offline

ChristianVA New Member

Message Count:
    still if your rear 02 sensor went bad..it will throuh a code. prolly a preheating malfuntion, or a rear 02 sensor reading too low. that type of deal. but still if the front 02 sensor work and still compensate for the rear 02 it should not matter about flow. just measuring how much oxygen is in the exhaust gases.
  13. Offline

sins New Member

Message Count:
    okay folks, an excellent way to test if your O2 sensor is bad or not is by smelling the exhaust. if you can smell gasoline then your O2 sensor is PROBABLY bad which leads the computer to send out more gas than it can actually be burned.

if you are not sure if the exhaust scent is rich or not then it probably isn't because the smell is very distinctive.

---
    You can run without the O2 sensor, yes, but the CEL will go on. And if you do continue to run your car without an O2 sensor then the rich exhaust will eat away at your piping and muffler. That and when you go get a smog check you'll FAIL, so you'll end up having to buy one anyways.
    ----

the lost in back pressure caused by the exhaust flowing more freely should not trigger the service light.
  14. Offline

ChristianVA New Member

Message Count:
    SHORT TERM AND LONG TERM AIR FUEL RATIO.
  15. Offline

locster703 New Member

Message Count:
    UNDerstanding you guys right the alphawerks cat back does have a 0s sensor hook up on the cat i was thinking there wasnt a hookup for it an he left it unhooked which is it?
  16. Offline

Vamp Gunmetal 2001 Corolla S

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Gunmetal Grey 2001 Corolla S