1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Noob from NYC

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by rolla98, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Offline

rolla98 New Member

Message Count:
    Rolling in a hand-me-down 98 Rolla that needed a lot of TLC. In the process of DIY maintenance decided to make it a project car. Hoping to get some ideas and maybe share some of my mistakes so others won't need to suffer.
  2. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    welcome to the forum,what project are you thinking of for your car? something that you can restore back to stock or modding it. oh btw you got pics?
  3. Offline

rolla98 New Member

Message Count:
    While I was restoring the baby, I realized I was upgrading most of the suspension and it was fast becoming a sleeper. Right now I'm working on stitching together customized leather interior with the family sew machine. A friend joked I should do a Domo theme, since I have the fuzzy dice, I might take her up on that joke. After that I was planning on upgrading the intake and exhaust (so if anyone has a TRD muffler for E110 they want to part with *hint, hint*). But given the engine is still running strong at 140,000 miles, I'm not sure it's time yet to do a rebuild and get it ready for force induction. Unless the engine blows up on me before I get to the rebuild...:oops:...but it's a corolla so it's probably going to out live roaches after a nuclear blast.

Once I start working on the intake, that's the point I'll have to start getting out of the stock exterior. Functional hood scoops and ground effects to give it a more aggressive stance....
  4. Offline

Edwin562 SWAG MASTER

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    98 180sx
    wat we need here are pics...
    this thread is useless without pics bro... :D