1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Noise for air Conditioning

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by NinjaAsylum, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Offline

NinjaAsylum New Member

Message Count:
    The furthest place from the bright side of the uni
    Noise for air Conditioning

Whenever I turn my AC on in my car every now and then i hear this like high pitched squeeking noise and then it will go away. Most of the time if I only have it blowing on the first setting it rarely happens but when I put it on the second fan setting it does it a lot. When the heat it on it never happens. Anyone have any ideas, I know somewhere there is a small leak because over the past year the coolness of the air blowing out has gotten warmer. It is a very small leak though because my mechanic put a dye in the coolant the R134 and after a day could not find anything so I doubt the leak is making the noise since the noise isnt constant. Maybe a valve or something any help is appreciated. its a 2001 corolla
  2. Offline

fishexpo101 Get Some

Message Count:
    Where is the squeeking noise coming from? Under the hood or inside the cabin? Do you notice the squeeking noise if you are just running the fan (no A/C).

If it is inside - sounds like the blower is making the noise. Might just need to pull it out to clean - if it is too far gone (bearing) - then replace it.
  3. Offline

NinjaAsylum New Member

Message Count:
    The furthest place from the bright side of the uni
    The noise is inside the cabin and makes it whenever the air is on weather it is just the fan or the A/C it makes the squeeking noise
  4. Offline

Graphiterolla Member

Message Count:
    i don't understand why it would happen in fan mode and a/c mode but not heat.