1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

New Sound System w/ Pics!

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Toxinate, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Offline

Toxinate New Member

Message Count:
    New Sound System w/ Pics!

New Sound System:

Pioneer DEH-P4500MP Head Unit
    Pioneer TS-A1681R 6.5" 4-Way Speakers Up Front
    Kenwood KFC-1667ie 6.5" 2-Way Speakers in Back
    2 Pioneer TS-W256C 10" 350 RMS/800 Max Subs
    Pioneer Premier GM-7150M 360 RMS/800 Max Mono Amplifier

[IMG]
    Head Unit with Variable Bass Boost located by the 'box thing' (50 hz, +0, +6, +12db)

[IMG]
    4-ways Behind Grill

[IMG]
    Kenwood?! 2-ways

[IMG]
    Pioneer 10" Subs w/ 360 watts to both
    Custom built ported enclosure with 1.125 cubic feet per sub.
    38" x 9" x 14"
    3/4" MDF, ceiling tile as dampening, seperate chamber per sub

[IMG]
    Premier Amplifier 360 watts RMS under 2-ohms

Pretty tight system... Enough to make your ears ring on all frequencies.

Future plans:
    Those kenwoods bother me so I plan on getting Pioneer Components up front and moving the 4-ways to the rear. That way my car will be solely Pioneer.

I also plan on getting a Pioneer 4-Channel Amp for the interiors bridging the mono amp to that.

After everything is said and done, I will have a pretty damn respectable system.

I definately enjoyed the sub install and making the enclosure. The box complements the subs pretty well. I had to go around putting taped absorbant around: back and FRONT license plates, radar detector mounted to the window (it still bounces up and down), bumper stoppers... I strengthened the trunk by filling it with the Great Stuff expandind foam. All in all, very little rattle comes from the car. Pretty well built. Although at one point I was able to make the roof, windows, and front license plate rattle.

In conclusion, Bass 0wns j00.
  2. Offline

laz Member

Message Count:
    Nice, but why go 1.25 cubic feet on each when the specs for that sub call for a 1 cubic foot box per sub? Also are they the dual coil design?

And one more question why the peg board?

X

EDIT: Never mind, i saw the specs they are DVC, but the peg board question still stands! :p
  3. Offline

AE102 New Member

Message Count:
    ooooh so sexi...wish i had a system, too poor to afford anything right now :rolleyes:
  4. Offline

Toxinate New Member

Message Count:
    hehe, aight:
    1. The size of the box is 1.125 ft^2 They are single voice coil, however, for a ported box, the spec is 1.1 ft^2 In fact, if you want it to be even louder they say to go up to 1.5 ft^2 (These stats are for ported boxes only)

2. The pegboard... you know... I don't know. Good call. I'll probably be taking it off tomorrow. Hopefully my carpet doesn't catch fire from my amp. I fucking burnt my hand on it a few days ago.
  5. Offline

laz Member

Message Count:
    Ok, and do you actually have a port in it? Sorry can't see it from the pic, just curious cuz it looks like a hole without a port. Oh I thought they were DVC's since the link you posted was a DVC.

I think you would not have any problems with the heat and your carpet. I am running an Alpine amp and a MTX and they get pretty hot (secially the MTX) and I never had issues with the carpet heating up. I guess if you want to be careful you can always paint a piece of wood black to hide it better.

Looking good, I guess one more thing why the fuse so close to the amp? I would think one fuse close to the battery would suffice?

Looking good, just nitpicking.

X
  6. Offline

BloKKem New Member

Message Count:
    You actually bring up a very good point from what i have read and seen. If that is the only fuse from the battery and its that close to the amp your running a high risk if you ever need that fuse to blow cause the current is going to have to run all the way from the battery, through the power wire into the trunk. I think the best thing is something like ~10 inches from the batter the inline fuse should be. If that power wire ever catches on fire or melts your going to have a hell of a time on your hands cause it wont matter since the wire is still hot from the battery to the input to the trunk fuse. I have no idea if this is what he has done as we cant see his full set up from battery to amp but if that is your only fuse, move it way closer to the battery.

Other than that, nice system, pick you up a couple plastic rings to make those ports in the sub box cleaner and your set.
  7. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    question! why people mount subs facing back?
    I mounted mine the other way... dunno.. lol it sounds fine *shrugs*
  8. Offline

Toxinate New Member

Message Count:
    The black holes are the ports. 3" x 8" PVC painted black

I do have a 30 amp fuse on the battery side, these fuses are just preperation for my 4-channel amp.

Also, the amp was mounted to the back for easier access to the LPF and Gain settings, as well as being right side up in the trunk.

I hear that, just gotta find someplace that has rings like that. Attempted to make my own, but they came out looking like ish...
  9. Offline

BloKKem New Member

Message Count:
    The easiest way i can put to word why facing them toward the cabin is the wrong way to go in most set ups is you need for them to "bounce" off the space in the rear of the trunk and come forward. If you face them forward all thats happening is your hearing a lot of speaker movement and more precise sound instead of the general "hum" or "hit" you would ideally want to hear by them being faced to the rear. You need to utilize the air in the trunk to make your sound and by facing them forward its really not doing that. I dont know if this is the right description on why to face them to the rear but ask any sound store and they will tell you that facing them rear is right.
  10. Offline

gain guide New Member

Message Count:
    Nice pictorials!
  11. Offline

BangRolla New Member

Message Count:
    the reason why people face the basket outside, is to show off the basket. brands like audio bahn make the baskets look pretty, with chrome

there are no sound gains.
  12. Offline

BloKKem New Member

Message Count:
    whoa whoa whoa, i thought he was asking why people face their whole box backwards or forwards, not the speakers screwed the to the box. HOWEVER, i will add that there are some benefits other than showing off the rear of the speaker in some set ups. Some people have a push/pull thing going on with their subs in which one is mounted into the box with magnet in the box and the other is mounted with the magnet outside the box. I have seen it and it has some crazy "proper" name.
  13. Offline

BangRolla New Member

Message Count:
    ohhhh, i guess i didnt read that well.
    hmm that push pull thing sounds crazy