1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

New projector head lights available

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by alpha-vvti, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
  2. Offline

DistantXtremes Guest

Message Count:
    they are alot better then those other ugly ones ...
    it says the bulbs are hb3 and hb4 (9005 & 9006) but the high beam in the pic has an H1 bulb.. and i bet the low beam will have an H3 bulb....

good unit for those Retrofits that im working on...
    :lol:
  3. Offline

Lerotrd Guest

Message Count:
    I like it a lot but I prefer them in black, the price is little high but whit the past of time it have to change!
  4. Offline

Sasuke Guest

Message Count:
    Looking Good.
    BTY DistantXtremes, what kind of bulb ur using for that foglight on ur sig.
  5. Offline

bimmernut Guest

Message Count:
    what you see is true HID on DistantXtremes's car.
  6. Offline

AznRolla Guest

Message Count:
    wow those look pretty hot... price is just a lil too high for me right now and im worried aobut the bulbs... dont feel like doing a retrofit just yet... too wet to be out there messing with it
  7. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    they look too short i'm not too sure i still want he lights art had
  8. Offline

Sasuke Guest

Message Count:
    yeah they look kinna short but im sure they will fit
  9. Offline

AznRolla Guest

Message Count:
    whats the city light? Whats its purpose, like an additional parking light?
  10. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
    oh wow cool looks like someone already bought it
    if he/she happens to be a member of this forum and U, the winner, have seen this post please post pics of how they look after installed please
    thanks in advance
  11. Offline

KingKuei Guest

Message Count:
    I emailed dazzmotors and asked him about those headlamps. First off, he has more than one available. He has posted another one for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2459995803&category=33710

Secondly, I inquired about the light bulbs, and the seller has confirmed and assures me that the high-beam/low-beams are indeed 9005 HB3 / 9006 HB4 as is listed in the description. Although, he didn't explain why an H1 bulb is pictured, the seller has a nearly 98% satisfaction rating after over 666 (devil man!) transactions, so I have no reason to believe that he is lying. I'm probably going to go ahead and get a set myself.

Hey they're even street legal! Notice the white reflector on the side of the lamp! This means I don't have to risk getting caught with clear heads and having to slap some stupid reflector on the my body! Come on guys! You have to admit... this looks nice...
  12. Offline

istylez Guest

Message Count:
    those look very sweet. i'm so tempted. these head lamps. or lowering springs.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :?
  13. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
    i m going to go for TRD/ magna flow exhaust first, just like the 1 corollaAltis has
    then those headlights
  14. Offline

istylez Guest

Message Count:
    another thing. how would u wire the city light?
  15. Offline

DaChozn Guest

Message Count:
    Those are really nice....the price is a bit high in my opinion but so far they're the best out there.
  16. Offline

dns637 Guest

Message Count:
    Wait for a couple of months and I bet the price will drop....
    damn 300 for headlights?? wow....its very unreasonable...
  17. Offline

AznRolla Guest

Message Count:
    what are city lights? Im still confussed.
  18. Offline

KingKuei Guest

Message Count:
    City lights are an additional mini-wedge bulb that is placed in the headlight housings of many cars in Asia. I still don't quite understand the purpose, but I think it is similar to daytime running lights. DRLs help other drivers see you in the day. City lights may somehow provide a similar "safety" function.

A little bit of "bad" news regarding the headlamps though. The seller, dazzmotors, just e-mailed me again today and he said he went and pulled the headlamp and checked it. The bulbs are actually H1/H3, as someone had noted in the image, and NOT HB3/HB4 as he had originally though. This means that the headlamps are actually foglights. So if you're planning on getting it, it may be beneficial to go out and buy an H3 HID kit so that you get enough light output from the headlamps. Foglights do not have as much light output as regular headlights and therefore may limit your visibility while driving at night unless you increase the light output.
  19. Offline

DistantXtremes Guest

Message Count:
    yeah i knew they had to be h3/h1 bulbs ...ever wonder why...companies can getr/make h3/h1 halogen projectors alot cheaper then larger more useful 9006 or h7 projectors...
    i have done some measurement with my headlamp and have talked with various other people very knowledgable about hid retro fit (oem hid projectors inside oem halogen headlamps) [ www.hidretro.com] and those headlamp would easily take honda s2000 hid projectors (worlds best leading oem hid projector currantly. and many the same size.... RX330, EVO 8, etv.. non of the big 3" diameter bmw or mercedes (hella or bosch) his projectors.
    I would def wait till price drops... or show them to your girlfriend/wife and look up at her and say... "Valentines Day is coming up" after Valentines day is over then just say "i love you" and maybe she will get them ;)
    after price drops... get them and replace those h3 low beam halogen projectors with oem hid projectors.... find the RX330 hid projectors ($100 a pair) they will be a lot less then the honda s2000 projectors ($300 a pair) then retro them in.
    https://photos.yahoo.com/distantxtremes
    or get someone to do it for you... it would cost around 400 or more..
    great guy i know is going to work on mine while i do a friends 2002 R1 retro fit.
    His Name is Liep.. at www.hidretro.com
    best price for retros... get seefu at www.illusionlighting.com to quote you a price and he is usually more expensive then liep.

alot of Corolla owners dont have tons of money so i would def do this when your Tax return gets here.

if you have any questions. email me

DistantXtremes@yahoo.com
    :D
  20. Offline

DistantXtremes Guest

Message Count:
    those lights can be wired up to anything you want...
    low beam, high beam, parking light, brake light.. ::laughing:: anything..
    or straight to a (+) connection with a switch to turn them on or off..

if i had those i would modify that small place with four 8mm 16,000mcd LED lights...
    images of 5 - 16,000mcd 8mm LEDS on an acura TL in his fogs (i wouldnt recommend that but they would work great for "city light" or DRL options. here they are :

pic of 5- upclose 8mm led cluster in his foglgiht:
    http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery/showpic.php?uuid=112&aid=780&pid=22094

pic of them at night compared to OEM 4100K hid from the TL:
    http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery/showpic.php?uuid=112&aid=780&pid=22111

pic of them during the day at a FAR FAR distance and compared with oem hid:
    http://www.acurainspired.com/gallery/showpic.php?uuid=112&aid=780&pid=22294

:wink:
  21. Offline

WebMasta33 Guest

Message Count:
    Heh, those are by far the best lights for teh corolla. And it even has the look I want.

If I weren't upgrading all my radio equipment right now, I'd buy that in an instant!

well... no I woudln't, I'd still wait for the price to drop in a few months, but still. those are awsome :D
  22. Offline

SquirrelMaster New Member

Message Count:
    XBreaker from vvti talked to the seller, the seller said the projectors can't take HID because they will melt.... but i dunno if they really will

there's also a group buy on vvti setup for the lights if anyone still wants them...
  23. Offline

bimmernut Guest

Message Count:
    City lights are the equivalent of the US parking lights. Look at most european imports (such as VW's) and you'll notice that the signal bulb is only used for signalling. The city light is an equivalent to a US parking light.
  24. Offline

ack New Member

Message Count:
    Is it the projectors that will melt? If that's the case, is it possible to retrofit a projector to replace the current one's within the new housing?
  25. Offline

DistantXtremes Guest

Message Count:
    hid retro

putting rebased h3 hid kit bulb in that projector might be the issue of "melting" but i highly doubt that...
    the best option would be getting those projector headlamps when price goes down...
    buying a pair of lexus rx330 projectors or lexus sc430 projectors
    or some 2.5" diameter OEM HID projectors and having them
    Retrofitted in there....

www.hidretro.com
    www.illusionlighting.com
    www.hidtech.com

(listed in less expensive to highest )

will cost from 350+

or just do it yourself.

I my self are getting liep from www.hidretro.com to work on a set of OEM
    Headlamps and retrofitting honda S2000 hid projectors, while i work on my friends Yamaha R1 Retrofit.

I have done a retro fit... its not easy and takes alot of patience. and time.

if your not good with your hands... save up 400-500 and send them to someone.

or just get an hid kit :-X (not recommended)

-Dave
  26. Offline

ack New Member

Message Count:
    sounds good. i've actually been in correspondence with Liep, i was all set to buy a retrofit housing from him...then these new headlamps came out...
  27. Offline

ctsire13 Guest

Message Count:
    How would you guys wire the angel eyes, i.e. when would you have them one (with which lights, drl, etc.) and how (splicing, etc.)?
  28. Offline

vinnieb0i Guest

Message Count:
    I would wire up the angel eyes to be on like the DRL's. I would like them on when im driving day or night. I think they are made of LED's and shoudl last a real long time.
  29. Offline

DistantXtremes Guest

Message Count:
    wiring the angeleyes up as DRL...

hah fun fun...
    because of how are DRL module is setup as as a circuit boad and not a bunch of relays... it will be difficult (not impossible) to do this...

First to break it down we would have to divide up groups since alot have disabled their DRL, and few have actually swapped their DRLs from Low beam to High beams (like me)

those who still have DRL:
    your DRL are controlled by the r-b wire coming from the DRL module to your low beams
    (the RED wire with black stripe on your low beam plugs)
    ::looks at wire diagram::
    looks as if it would be the negative post of your low beams.
    [IMG]

30. Offline

DistantXtremes Guest

Message Count: