1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Forced Induction NEW PRICE: Phoenix Tuning Stage II Turbo Kits, (93-02 Corolla/Prizm), $2700

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by Dr Tweak, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Offline

Dr Tweak Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    NEW PRICE: Phoenix Tuning Stage II Turbo Kits, (93-02 Corolla/Prizm), $2700

This isn't a for sale thread, just an announcement of what's coming.

The Phoenix Tuning Stage II Turbo Kit will include the following:

Garrett T3 Turbo Super 60 compressor, .48 turbine
    Greddy eManage PRE-Programmed
    TurboXS Boost Controller
    Phoenix Tuning Turbo Manifold (you must send me your old manifold as a core)
    Spearco intercooler
    TurboXS BOV
    Intercooler piping (that will actually fit)
    Water and oil lines
    Downpipe
    Walbro 255lph fuel pump
    Oil pan with turbo oil return connection (you must send me your old oil pan as a core)
    Boost guage

That should be everything. Several upgrade items will be available.

The price of the kit will be $3200 shipped. The kit will be good for 8-10 psi and will be a bolt-on kit, meaning you should be able to install it in a day with hand tools. I will provide full instructions. This is the same as the Stage I kit except that it will have piggyback management tuned with a wideband 02, so it will be able to run a little more boost more safely. I don't know exactly how much power this will make, but I'm hoping to push it over the 200hp mark. Premium fuel will be required.

I'm picking up a Corolla to build the prototype on, and then I'll start producing these. It will be a little bit but I'm hoping to have the kits for the '93-'97 kits ready to go for early fall. For the '98-'02 I'm going to have to find a car to do the R&D on so it might be a little longer.

If anyone wants to make a deposit for dibs on the first kits, that will help me get them developed faster and out the door.
  2. Offline

Phozenstone New Member

Message Count:
    hey i dont have the money for this right now cuz of some personal shit but i was wondering if you will personally install those kits as well and how much would u charge?
  3. Offline

SinGularity New Member

Message Count:
    If i get that, the phoenix tuning decal would actually mean somethign! :D
  4. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    I'll be picking up a second car in a few weeks..if you want to work on a '98, let me know.. ;)

I doubt I could afford it, though. :(
  5. Offline

Dr Tweak Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Yeah, I could personally install them for like $50 to $100.

Cadetlee, I'm definetely interested since then I could develop this and the supercharger kit. When could I get my hands on it?
  6. Offline

jakejacobson86 New Member

Message Count:
    you say youre going to develop a supercharger kit for the 98-02's?
  7. Offline

Dr Tweak Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    I'm going to develop a kit to install the TRD Supercharger on the '98 - '02s.
  8. Offline

Silver_Nitrate New Member

Message Count:
    I'll be interested in that too
  9. Offline

Phozenstone New Member

Message Count:
    so when do u think the turbo will be ready for the 98-02's? and how much will it be without shipping since i would much rather drive up and have u install it personally.
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    how much do you expect the supercharger kits going to be?

hey dr tweak where are you based at?
  11. Offline

Rolla95 Rollin' Out y0

Message Count:
    hes in vermont i believe
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    damn too far, I thought he's in MD or VA
  13. Offline

Message Count:
    that supercharger kit would be sweet. reasonably priced, i would sooo pick one up.
  14. Offline

superolla New Member

Message Count:
    I have a 1993 and the engine is in great condition, no problems at all, but it has 192,000 miles on it, do you recommend a lower mile engine and if so what milege do you recommend.
  15. Offline

Dr Tweak Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Phozenstone, It will be after I get the '93-'97 kit out, and as soon as I can get a car up here to test it out. I had one person offer theirs, and if I have yours as an option to put the prototype on as well, then this could happen as early as this late summer/fall.

I imagine shipping will be around $50, so subtract that, and add $100 for me to install it.

Silver_Nitrate, I'm expecting the supercharger kit to be around $3000, but we shall see when I actually develop it.

superolla, that is a lot of mileage, but it's often not a problem if it's been well maintained. The thing is, 4AFE and 7AFE engines are so cheap and easy to come by, that if you blow it up you can swap another one in for a few hundred bucks, usually. At least, that's my take on it, but I can do it myself so it's really cheap... heheh... At any rate, there is no mileage that I "recommend".

Remember, getting you engine to make more power means pushing it further, and it WILL reduce the life of your engine, depending on how far you push it! :cool:
  16. Offline

Message Count:
    holy crap. 3g's for the supercharger kit? that'd be way more than just the turbo then huh?
  17. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    well think of it man, a grand for the S/C it self, then you have to do the raditor, new hood, ECU, FMS. Thats not too bad of a price
  18. Offline

Dr Tweak Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    To be honest it's a complete guess at this point. As soon as someone lends me a '98 or newer, I'll know what's really needed.
  19. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    If I had a second car and money I would loan you mines, but I dont have either
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    so this kit comes with the supercharger, I thought its just the brackets and stuff then you have to buy the trd supercharger yourself, but If that's the case, I don't think its terribly bad with my 000Goodguy discount right? =)
  21. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    hehe you'll wanna charge more than $100 to install it... (sorry folks, but the doctor would hang himself if he did it for $100 lol)

Email me man, I'll give you a list of everything and some of the pitfalls that I've encountered. Anything to get someoen to get a kit out there thats worth a shit. :) Either PM me here, hit me up on email vortex@dynamic-driving.com or LTCOLVORTEX on AIM.

T
  22. Offline

Phozenstone New Member

Message Count:
    hey dont ruin it for us who dont have it installed yet lol $100 sounds fine.
  23. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    just don't want you getting the phone call goin ' uhhh ok... $100 aint gonna cover this ' LOL then yur overbudget and can't pay for it ;) -- see im thinkin about everyone...

FYI - once you've done one it takes about 5-6 hours to install. (ive done 3)
  24. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    Dr. Tweak: You have email.
  25. Offline

Message Count:
    lol, can i get in on that discount! :D
  26. Offline

Dr Tweak Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Eh... okay some clarification here: This thread is about the TURBO kit, not the SUPERCHARGER kit. The comment about I have no idea what is needed is for the SUPERCHARGER kit. The turbo kit I've got nearly squared away (vortex, you got mail).

As far as the installation of the TURBO kit, that's the price for now, it might go up but we'll see. I'm not here to make a killing from the Corolla community, I'm here to get us all some sweet power making parts!!!
  27. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    Dr Tweak needs AIM. ;)
  28. Offline

Dr Tweak Mad Scientist

Message Count:
    Okay I've got some good news. After doing more work on the pricing, I've been able to drop the price of the Stage II kit to $2700!
  29. Offline

Phozenstone New Member

Message Count:
    shit man, u need to get that stage 2 as soon as possible cuz ive been saving money already. i almost bought rollaryder's turbo but then i got hit wit some lawyers fees and crap so i shot back down, but now im almost ready again.
  30. Offline

Message Count:
    so youre saying its 2700 now shipped? thats freggin awesome.