1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Need Springs installed (corolla)

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by DjFrOsT, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Offline

DjFrOsT New Member

Message Count:
    Need Springs installed (corolla)

can someone help?

if anyone is in the LA (323) area...and would like to install my tein springs for me (of course i'll pay)...please let me know...i just ordered them...so they should be here by next week...and i'd like to have them on by next week...

any takers? please let me know...thanks! :)

ernesto
  2. Offline

sxlostv1 New Member

Message Count:
    awesome, you're in 323 area too!!! I got mine installed by someone in the old vvti.net named Jeff. He installed them for 50 bucks, although i should have given him more but i had no more money. The way he installed it was very professional, consulting to the repair manual for correct torque specifications on everything. Installation took 2 hours for all 4.

If you haven't seen how it looks in person, its awesome. Maybe you'll see my car around the neighborhood. It's a blue 2001 S, with trd muffler.

I'd love to install it for you, but i have no tools, no repair manual, and no time. Due to Chinese New Year coming up, i'll be booked with lion dance shows.
  3. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
  4. Offline

DjFrOsT New Member

Message Count:
    thanks!

you got a PM!
  5. Offline

iAMconfused TRD Whore

Message Count:
  6. Offline

iAMconfused TRD Whore

Message Count:
    By the way, who's this "Jeff"? Usually auto shop installations take 100 dollars. Even for $60 it's a steal.
  7. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    I think I was quoted $75 each for rear strut replacement..it's not cheap..lol
  8. Offline

Ninety Four New Member

Message Count:
    Yeah I called a local ATL shop and they told me it would take 4 hours. Because their labor rate is $78/hour the cost of the installation comes to be somewhere in the neighborhood of what I paid for my springs and struts. I told them no thanks.
  9. Offline

iAMconfused TRD Whore

Message Count:
    Holy crap that's expensive...

...but I don't even have the tools for changing the springs...dammit... :mad:
  10. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    Buy the tools..it'll be cheaper. Rent a spring compressor for 40 bucks from Autozone (they refund the entire fee when you return it). Buy the 151pc mechanic's tool set on sale at Sears for about $100. Buy a breaker bar. IIRC, that's all you need..air tools would come in handy, but they're not mandatory.