1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Need help with supercharger info

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by darkapoc, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Offline

darkapoc Guest

Message Count:
    Need help with supercharger info

Ok guys I am planning on buying the supercharger once the summer ends with the money I get from my summer job.
    I just wanted to know if it is an easy install like if I can install it myself or with some help from a mechanic friend... just trying to avoid the $$$ it costs to get it installed.
    Please let me know cause I want to know if I will be able to get it or not.
  2. Offline

Altis 1 Guest

Message Count:
    Re: Need help with supercharger info

Unless you are a really good mechanic and an electronics expert, don't doi it yourself. I have the install manual for both the supercharger and the TRD ecu upgrade. I belive that I have Uploaded it on the General Discussion. I will hunt for the link so you can see for yourself.
  3. Offline

pkpss Guest

Message Count:
  4. Offline

rolla_dink Guest

Message Count:
    Re: Need help with supercharger info

unless you know or are a good mechanic, you'll want it professionally installed. I got mine installed for $450.00 and it took them about 6 hours to do it, it was a toyota dealership and they have installed dozens of them on their cars. besides I already screwed up the ECU and it was covered under the warranty.

just my opinion.
  5. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Man, definitely have it done at a Toyota dealer. It is very, very involved. You would have to take apart some vaccuum lines and some of the accessories in the engine bay from the entire intake system across to the alternator and even goes as far as taking off the oil dipstick tube to relocate it. I have a general concept of it but its hard work and takes a lot of time. If you install it and screw it up, if will be your fault.

Toyota has installed a whole bunch of supechargers. Mainly on the Tacoma's and Tundra's from what they tell me. I was one of two people that got my TRD supercharger installed at the dealer. Whatever you do, get it done by the dealer unless you have an 03 repair manual for the Corolla and you really, really know what you are getting yourself into.
  6. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I ordered mine from the dealer and got it installed for 2850 so you can use the price ended up being 390 for install which is very well worth it and keep your entire warranty
  7. Offline

darkapoc Guest

Message Count:
    OK cool thanks guys plus I think I am getting a super deal I get the charger for 1300 plus 500 installation so its only 1800
  8. Offline

ultraviolet Guest

Message Count:
    TRD sells the SC as '2piece' kits now. Their is the base SC kit and the install kit. The install kit has the ECU and some other pieces.

Unless you have another ECU such as the Unichip, your gonna need the TRD ECU. You better check it out first.

If you are getting the whole package for $1300, please let us all know where you got it from because I want it for that price! :D
  9. Offline

darkapoc Guest

Message Count:
    Yes it is the whole package for 1300 or 1390 don't remember well, and I get it for employee price because I know some people at the dealer so I get a great price.
  10. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    wow, that is an impressive deal. I spent twice that amount with installation and cost about $3150 total. Supercharger assembly + kit and ECU cost $2800, and the rest is labor ($350).
  11. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    you keep your warranty even if you install it yourself, the S/C is only warrantied for 12 months.
  12. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    I was looking over the install guide on trdusa.com, and it shows a different intake tube that comes off the stock air box. Do you get a different intake tube/hose? If so where does it relocate to?

Also do you get the 5th injector with the S/C? I hear alot of people talking about it but dont know if its seperate from what u get? Thanks
  13. Offline

ultraviolet Guest

Message Count:
    Here is a link to the contents of the SC kit. Everything you need is included except for colder spark plugs. The tube connects into your stock air box and basically sucks air from the same place as a CAI would.

http://www.matrixowners.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=25168
  14. Offline

Schoat333 New Member

Message Count:
    damn ill mail you 1300 bucks to get me one at that price.... thats a very nice discount.
  15. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    i'd like one for 1300 also. can you hook us up?
  16. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    are u sure?? I have a friend at Toyota and he cant get it that cheap for himself...
  17. Offline

Addicted2Boost Guest

Message Count:
    I agree... I believe we have been able to confirm that Ted's pricing is pretty close to Toyota dealer COST.

I call BS on $1300 for the complete SC Kit
  18. Offline

CorollaX Guest

Message Count:
    Bull Shiet!!
  19. Offline

darkapoc Guest

Message Count:
    You may put up the BS flag up but I know that is the price so if you don't believe me then don't, I am just telling you that is the truth. I know the President of Toyota here at Puerto Rico and I know owners of 2 toyota dealers so I get a huge discount heh.
  20. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
    You know Mario?
  21. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    those who need a supercharger, definitely talk to this guy. He's got the hookups. It seems he knows what he's talking about and he seems persistant that he got it for a low, low price. Maybe you guys can get into a group buy or something :)

He'll have to talk with who he knows at the dealer to see if they will agree with that. What do you think Darkapoc?
  22. Offline

pkpss Guest

Message Count:
    Wow, my inside friend at TRD can't even get it that cheap...
  23. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    honestly, I have never seen a complete supercharger kit that low. If he can help out in anyway, that would be great to those who want the kit installed on their Corolla's.
  24. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    so you could just buy the supercharger and a unichip instead of getting the separate TRD ECU piggyback?
  25. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    maybe its a refurb or returned one or something :?
    anyways, if you really can get it that low, see if you could help everyone out get that kind of price as well..
  26. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    yes, but I dont know how the warrant will work out in that situation.
  27. Offline

ultraviolet Guest

Message Count:
    Yes, that is what some of the Vibe guys did before GM release their SC.

I already have the Unichip so I may be looking at getting just the SC unit. The only problem with using the Unichip with the SC is that its success is totally dependent on having a 'great' Unichip tuner, which may not be available close by. There have been many successfuly Unichip/SC installs but have also had 2 not so successful installs on the Matrix side.
  28. Offline

TRDGregg Guest

Message Count:
    NO WAY

:roll: THERE IS NO WAY THAT HE BOUGHT THAT FOR 1300 OR EVEN 1390. I AM NEW AT THIS FORUM BUT I HAVE BEEN WORKING FOR TOYOTA FOR 2 YEARS AND MY DISCOUNT WAS AT COST. TACK ON ANOTHER GRAND AND SOME CHANGE. THE LABOR DEFINETLY HAS TO GO TO A MASTER MECHANIC. NOT ALL MEHCANICS CAN PUT IT IN AND STILL BE UNDER WARRENTY. IF ANYONE SAYS DONT WORRY ABOUT IT, WORRY ABOUT IT. I HAVE EVERYTHING TRD OFFERS FOT THE COROLLA AND ITS WORTH IT. SPEND THE EXTRA!!
  29. Offline

pkpss Guest

Message Count:
    Tack on another grand? That's like buying it off eBay then.
  30. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    Holy crap that's cheap. I'd do that even, sheesh.