1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

need help running amp wires for 04

Discussion in 'Interior' started by e_andree, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Remote wire goes to your headunit.

Amp power can go to the fuse box or the battery. Definately use a fuse if running to the battery.

Ive always ran my amps to my battery.
  2. Offline

illusivemedia Guest

Message Count:
    yeah ive always ran my amps to the battery with an inline fuse too. thanks for the info on the remote wire but i still need to know one more thing, how'd u get the power wire from inside the car to under the hood? is there a hole anywhere from the inside that i can put the wire through?
  3. Offline

n3985 New Member

Message Count:
    Me being new at this too I did some reading on Cruftchfield.com :D ...they said to run the wires through where existing wires are already strung from cabin to engine, like through a hole in the firewall.
  4. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    There should be a hole in the firewall with a rubber grommet near the steering column...
  5. Offline

Altra Guest

Message Count:
    I have an 04, if you look up under the steering column you will see where the wires enter through the firewall. Get a hanger and tape the power wires to it and pull it through. That worked great for me. After in the car well thats up to you depending upon where you put your amps.
  6. Offline

illusivemedia Guest

Message Count:
    need help running amp wires for 04

alritey, i need some help running some wires on my 04 corolla. i took a look at it and i'd like to know how any of you ran the positive wire from the amp to the battery or wherever else you hooked it up to. also wanted to know where you guys hookup the remote wire to in this car. thanks =]
  7. Offline

illusivemedia Guest

Message Count:
    how bout a pic =D
  8. Offline

italiancorolla Authorized Stinger Dealer

Message Count:
    i tried that and it didnt work because on the interior of the car, my rubber is bent up..........and if u run a wire throiugh that garment, wont it leave a whole for in the long run?
  9. Offline

GarrettSocling Guest

Message Count:
    I have pics on my cardomain page :

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/672743/2

On page two, from both sides, with a little hint on how to get the wire through :

Poke a hole in the rubber fitting from the engine compartment with a nail. Push your wire through till it stops moving. Go under your dash and look for the bulge. Poke the nail through the bulge. Push the supply wire through the newly created hole.

Good luck.
  10. Offline

RawkinDa4Door Guest

Message Count:
    grab a friend and a long screwdriver find where wires are going into the firewall and stick the screwdriver in softly move it around find your way through once its there tape the wire to the end to the screwdriver nad pull that thing thru. might want to pick up an amp kit so the wires and inline fuse are already there
  11. Offline

corollinout New Member

Message Count:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

theres how i reran mine a few weeks ago, you can see where it goes through the firewall and where it comes in at right behind the center console
  12. Offline

illusivemedia Guest

Message Count:
    thank u thank u thank u =D