1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

need help finding an alarm system

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Dreadon, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Offline

Dreadon Guest

Message Count:
    need help finding an alarm system

hey guys i was looking into gettin a alarm system. has anyone put in an one and do you guys recommend a good company. now that i have some money and all my audio stuff i want to protect it also would u recommend having a pro install it or trying it myself? any opinions would be appreciated
  2. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    ANYTHING made by DEI > http://www.directed.com/

i have a Viper 791XV. as long as you don't install the proximity sensor for it, it's a great alarm.
  3. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    I should switch to a Viper...
  4. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    Vipers are good alarm. if i get an alarm it'd be a viper
  5. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    problems? what model, who installed it, and what "extras" have been installed?

i would have it installed professionally, but not at hack shops like circuit city or best buy. get it done at a local shop or Tweeter, if you have one near you that's worth the money.
  6. Offline

Dreadon Guest

Message Count:
    anyone have an idea how much a decent system should cost and how long do the normally take to install
  7. Offline

Dreadon Guest

Message Count:
    hmm that interesting my cousin had an viper on his old car and had nothing but problems with it if i order one should i get it installed professionally or try and do it my self? also is there a good overall kit that comes with all the necessary stuff
  8. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
  9. Offline

Dreadon Guest

Message Count:
    i have an 01 rolla with power windows/ locks i just want unlock lock maybe trunk pop and maybe auto start i live in ct so new england weather is a bitch so if i can maybe
  10. Offline

zcorolla New Member

Message Count:
    i have the viper 5900. It has remote start, and auto shut down. pretty cool alarm, and dont get it installed at circuit city or best buy. I work at best buy so i know the stuff that happens. However, if you do know anyone that works there, get them to get the alarm for you. It retails for 500 but employee price is way cheaper.
  11. Offline

zcorolla New Member

Message Count:
  12. Offline

DjiNN New Member

Message Count:
    lol .. i work at bestbuy .. and yea .. 500retail .. like 180 for employees ... but installation i would trust my fellow co workers .. I live in NY BTW ..
  13. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yea I get them for around $190. I used to do installation but remote starts are starting to be a real PITA due to the new generation of immobilizers.
  14. Offline

DjiNN New Member

Message Count:
    lol .. its pretty nice for the price .. 180$ .. and then the new car audio selection is nice too .. new Headunits from pioneer and kenwood and the new amps. Anyway yea .. our installers here are pretty good havent had any complaints from customers .