1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

my sister's cavalier

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by d_samurai, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    my sister's cavalier

although i warned her, she got one anyway... its an LS coupe, but im still trying to decide if its the sport edition b/c of the massive wheels.. but anyway, i test drove it (auto) and the first thing i noticed was the cheap plastic interior, it looked "ok" but as soon as i pressed on the brake to move the shifter, i was amazed at how firm the brakes were- i put it in drive, and the car still didnt move anywhere-- wierd! but as soon as i pushed the gas, it started to move fairly slowly, but as i pushed harder, i felt that awesome torque...it had a nice pull, but my sister kept holding me back-screaming at me telling me to slow down...that was the plus, the negatives:- steering- ive never felt such stiff steering, the car's wheel would barely move, it was extremely tight.. but other than that, it was overall an ok ride, but its still new, give it a few months...

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    i had it for a rental car before and didn't like it too much
  3. Offline

LowRolla Will work for turbo

Message Count:
    never been too crazy bout the cadavaliers - almost bought one as my first car... but then went down the street and bought my first corolla instead :) (first of 2)

the wheels look nice - and i would assume that IS the sport edition just because of the wheels - the regular ones come with shitty hubcaps, not alloy wheels like those.
  4. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    i honestly have to say that i hated cavaliers. they suck balls man.
  5. Offline

Azn_SpICe New Member

Message Count:
    i would have to say the same cuz two of my friends have it and even they hate it...it wasn't their choice for a car but it wasn't up to them, their parents bought it.
  6. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    like i said- in a few months my sisters' gonna start whining about how much the car sucks... honestly, this thing DOESNT look like its built to last..the only plus? it was 12k brand new! knocked down from 16k msrp.. for the LS/sport coupe, so it wasnt a bad deal-but ya know- its gonna bite her in the ass again as soon as it starts dying on her..
  7. Offline

Azn_SpICe New Member

Message Count:
    i guess if she REALLY needed a car to get her from point A to point B ne car is good enough...
  8. Offline

93rollaracer Guest

Message Count:
    PLEASE do not let her put a body kit and fart can on it. if she wants to see the what that would look like bring here over my way. there's at least 4 riced cavaliers out here...makes me wanna puke every time i see em.
  9. Offline

Azn_SpICe New Member

Message Count:
    haha.. i c a few over here in corona too...it's quite funny cuz it looks ridiculous on what they try to do to it....drivers think they look all cool n all
  10. Offline

neonaiad Guest

Message Count:
    cavaliers are so ugly, especially the ones w/ the red tail light that stretches all the way across the back of the trunk, my parents tried to make me buy one and i refused. hopefully your sister won't get fed up too soon.
  11. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    oh no, she couldnt care less about modding a car- she's definilty one of those A to B persons and driving is more of a chore than an activity...she had a plymouth neon b/f which was falling apart at 60k miles...she actually got $1800 trade in for it at Carmax... but yeah, she's not gonna mod it at all,
  12. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    the 4th gens(03-05, since they're killing them after that) are crappy...but then again, so were the 3rd gens(95-02).

the only cav i like is the second gen(88-94) z...and that's just because the motor's good for spanking kids who think they've got it under the hood.

not to mention, that gen cav has a nice resemblance with the Camaro of that generation.
  13. Offline

97PrizmLsi Guest

Message Count:
    I drove a cavy for a month and it wasn't that bad. It was def faster than my Priz, and the steering was a bit stiff, but the shift is so smooth, just like in all chevys that I have driven. I can't wait for the cobalt though, looks hot in the SS trims.
  14. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    my friend hav one he's trying to get rid of it cuz its a POS... hahhaha... raced him his car pulls in low end but got nothing in the high rpm compared to a corolla...
  15. Offline

ShalerPunk Guest

Message Count:
    the Ecotec Cavalier is a great car. seriously.

I nearly bought a brand new SVP Cavalier for $9500, and I kick myself every day for passing it up.
  16. Offline

Message Count:
    well, the eco is a great motor...but the interior's cheaply thrown together.
  17. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    basically all gm's interior are cheap other than SAAB, Cadillac, and Buick..
  18. Offline

Message Count:
    all CHEVY interiors are cheap...even the trucks :(
  19. Offline

93corolladx Guest

Message Count:
    i hate cavaliers and sunfires, same car

my sister has the sunfire gt, 2.4L top of the line model, theres so much stuff i hate about it i cant list it.
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    sunflowers are trash...the only model worth considering was the first gen GT...but i'd get a turbo Sunbird GT before i got that ... car.