1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

My car will be done soon. Post contains all my mods :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blk03Corolla, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    My car will be done soon. Post contains all my mods :)

Well here is a list of my mods:

Engine ~ TRD S/C, TRD CAI, Unichip, 9 psi pulley making 8 lbs of boost, Jp Header, Jp Mid Pipe, Borla Axle Back, Aqua Mist water/menthol injection (20%)

Suspension & Other~ Hotchkis Springs and Sway bars, TRD Strut Brace, Es Motor Mounts, TWN Shortshifter

Wheel & Tires ~ Centerline Rpm 17x7 w/ Toyo Proxes 4 215/40/17

Visual & Sound ~ 35% tint, JDM Headlights, Black Tails, Black Pearl emblem, Vuteq Grill, Blue Street Glow, Blue Interior Neon, TRD Wheel Sticker, Dynamat, Kenwood deck, 1800 watt fosgate amp, 2 12" He fosgate subs and 6's and 6x9's.

Next week will be my "final mods" of RPS Street Max clutch and MWR Flyhweel!!!! Which will be installed on the following Monday or Tuesday :)
  2. Offline

daPyr0x Guest

Message Count:
    I think I speak for everyone when I ask for some dyno and track slips
    ;-)
  3. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I cant post dynos because I dont have any up to date. And I will be going to the track in two weeks the weekend after I get my clutch and flyhweel. Oh and one other thing will be a retune with the menthol added to the water injection and raising the rev limiter to 7000 grand or so.
  4. Offline

daPyr0x Guest

Message Count:
    I'd definitely love to see those track slips (though, I'd also love to see it all in person; you got quite the nice rolla ;-))

More vids of that with that sweet ass sound you got comin off of that would be great, too....
  5. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I will take some vids soon. any requests?
  6. Offline

pkpss Guest

Message Count:
    Hey, just wondering if those new tires helped you out a lot more than those 26 lbers.
  7. Offline

daPyr0x Guest

Message Count:
    you a drifter? taking a nice corner on video (how you'd pull that off video-wise I'm not all that sure...but you know) would be pretty sweet

oif you could get your video-recording friend to the track with you to watch your 1/4 mile run that'd be pretty awesome, too...
  8. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    Some nice longer videos would be great, like a minute or 2 of showing off the handling and accelation. BTW, how much do you figure it all cost you, if you dont mind me asking?
  9. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    I must say that car is fun to drive Tyler, thanks for letting me :wink:

Can't wait to see you raise the limiter and create some serious power up there :twisted:

*cough* you need an LSD *cough*

:roll:
  10. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    ???
  11. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    sweet ride man! Its one of my favorites! :shock:
  12. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I am making less boost because of the header and mid pipe. Still more than stock though. And I will try to make some longer videos. Chris I have decided not to get the lsd just because i really need to stop dumping money into my car. I am happy where its at now especially once I get the clutch and flyhweel. I have a little over 15 grand into my car not all of that is on there because I have bought a lot and then replaced it with different or better parts :( waste of money on those items.
  13. Offline

SimmZ Guest

Message Count:
    I'm just curious... Are you running the 8 PSI of boost on the fully stock internals?
  14. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    yes stock internals.
  15. Offline

TheBeak Guest

Message Count:
    what's scary about this is he thinks theres a point called "done" :wink:
  16. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Oh no it will never be done I am just saying I am done for now. I need to start saving money for the winter months when work is slow and money isnt coming in as much. I may think about doing internal work next year.
  17. Offline

rolla_dink Guest

Message Count:
    definitely take vids of all the parts if you can. I can use them for a model for my mods, and I'm sure others will enjoy all the worked you have put into your car.
  18. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Oh I also forgot that I do have the CF Engine Cover too :) I will try and get some vids soon. I want some of my friends mr2 and I racing from a roll. He had mid engine, rear wheel drive, and lsd so I have no chance off the line.
  19. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    From a roll it's going to be a damn good race :wink:
  20. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I will be looking forward to it. I am pretty sure I will beat him from a roll especially with my lighter rims and then clutch and flywheel will help too. It will definitly be fun either way though.
  21. Offline

daPyr0x Guest

Message Count:
    might I ask what exactly you're into?
    I mean, insurance + year old (I'm assuming bought new) corolla + 15k of mods is a *lot* of money for anyone...
    you say money not coming in as much during the winter....construction?
  22. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Well Yea I bought the car new and my insurance isnt to bad. I make 60 grand a year doing sales and the slower time of the year is in the winter because I sell outdoor products. I dont have two many expensese because I am only 20 and have a little rent, car payment, and cell phone so I have a large disposable income.
  23. Offline

AESC Guest

Message Count:
    your car is looking great. probibly where mine would have been if i got the 5spd over the crapy auto. Get some sweet vids. find a large empty parking lot. get some vids of the car in and out then drive it around. some smoke to start would be sweet. and i realy miss the sound of that supercharger. i cant wait till im back in a car i can mod.
  24. Offline

daPyr0x Guest

Message Count:
    shit, dude. nice
    I've been thinking of getting into sales (I did cheesy non-commissioned sales during high school, and it appears as though I'm about to lose my television job come the end of the month)

let's just say we're all jealous, both of you and your car
    though, personally, I'm not a fan of your tail lights. I think that's the one part of your car that just....doesn't bode well with me. I think I like the painted tails better on the black...
  25. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    You would not think that if you saw it in person. SOme of the pictures dont do the tails justice but everyone that has seen my car before and after likes the tail lights better now. I will try and get some video soon just need someone to take it.
  26. Offline

daPyr0x Guest

Message Count:
    *cough*
    you have 2 different tails in your sig there
    the far left pic of the 3 has different tails than the rest
    whoops
    lol
  27. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Yea.... I have the black ones now the other two. Which ones dont you like?
  28. Offline

rolla_dink Guest

Message Count:
    I'd have to say I'm slightly jealous of Tyler's mods. Sales isn't my thing but I make enough in my job to get me by. I'm using Tyler as a model for my future mods....
  29. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Your getting there..... just need a chip and unichip and a few other small things. I will let you s/c guys know how much the clutch and flywheel helps and that could be your next mod. I am thinking it will make a big difference in terms of acceleration and landing shifts faster. I am hoping my last grand of the year was money well spent. Next year I may think about building the engine up and getting a custom pulley and belt to run more boost. Not sure yet would need another car first. I will see how my insurance looks.
  30. Offline

GT-R Guest

Message Count:
    Some exhaust clips would be cool, and just standing revs.