1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

MP3 Head Unit and CD changer [Help plz]

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Frozin_Rolla, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Offline

Frozin_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    MP3 Head Unit and CD changer [Help plz]

I have no knowledge of any audio stuff so I probably sound like a complete idiot, plz forgive me :p

I wanted to get an MP3 player Headunit and the one I am looking at right now is the Pioneer DEH-P9400MP MP3 Player and if I take out the factory CD player that is currently in and came with my 2003 Corolla S and stick that in I notice two things... 1.) its a lot smaller than the factory head unit...is there any way to do somethign with that extra space? and 2.) its got no cd player but it has cd changer ability...here is where the cd changer part comes in...how do I know if the CD changer would be compatible with the head unit? and this head unit comes with a remote that goes on the steering wheel...will it be also able to control the cd changer?...sorry for all the questions...but thank you in advance to whoever feels like tackling this prob...

I found a pioneer cd changer and it said that I should consider buying the magazine for that...anyone know wat that is too?
  2. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    Check in our parts database for a Radio Install dash kit. There should be about 3 in there. The radio mounts in the kit, and the kit mounts where the factory stereo was. That will fill the space. You will also need a wiring harness to install a new radio. As far as the CD changer, make sure you get a pioneer changer. There are usually two types of CD changers made by any given manufacturer, a "universal" one that comes with a little control panel, and ones that are made to be controlled by one of their head units.. just be sure to get one of those. Most CD changers come with a magazine, so unless you really think you have a use for two, don't buy one seperate.
  3. Offline

Frozin_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    k thanx...do u have any idea if cd changers come in the din size...so that I could fit the head unit plus the cdchanger where the factory head unit is...
  4. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    Well, I don't think you can fit two din unis in there. You could maybe.. but it would require making your own dash kit. I haven't seen any CD changers in DIN size though.
  5. Offline

Qubit Guest

Message Count:
    I had a shop shoehorn in two DIN units in place of the factory stereo. It's a tight, tight fit. They modified the Metra kit and a trim ring from one of the units. I can tell you right now, though, it looks like hell (to my eye, at least). I'll see what I can do about getting pictures up (no digicam, no web site)