1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine More Power

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by JuicyJ, May 17, 2004.

1. Offline

JuicyJ New Member

Message Count:
    More Power

I know this may sound weird and some of you may throw up the BS flag but about a week ago I was driving and theres this big hump in the road on my way to work and I usually slow down for it dut I was running late for work so I hit it pretty hard and the nexr thing I know my subs got louder. I didn't pay it to much attention untill I really couldn't hear the words for all the bass. So I turned my amp settings down and keep driving and now that I relize it, ever since that day my car had been putting out more power. So now if I push the pedal in not even half way it will downshit and take off. I'm also able to spin my tires off a launch easier as well. Anyone have an idea of what happend when I hit the bump?
  2. Offline

bimmernut Guest

Message Count:
    Your brain rebooted from that big "hump in the road"... now everything feels new again as the result of your memory loss

As you said
    I'm detecting some BS...
  3. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
    It's possible you had a loose electrical connection somewhere and the sudden jolt made it better. If the subs got louder too, it may have been that the connection to the negative terminal of the battery wasn't great.
  4. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    My car always downshifts when i want. I drive it hard, i think the ecu has got its shit together and figured out what i want the car to do.
  5. Offline

TheDruid Guest

Message Count:
    yeah...thats a new mod now to give you extreme performance. its called humping. hehehe..jk! (being sarcastic) :lol:
  6. Offline

DaChozn Guest

Message Count:
    LOL...Thats freaking halarious man :lol:
  7. Offline

jessetc Guest

Message Count:
    Maybe he was driving and hit the bumps too hard, lost control and crashed. Then ended up in a coma, his parents saw him laying there, felt sorry him. So decided to buy him a corolla xrs, and bought him a new and better system. Finally, he wakes up but he doesnt remember anything. Then drives over the same bumps, hits his head, jump starts his memory again then remembers he was driving a slower car with less bass than the one he has now.....this is obviously the only reasonable explanation.