1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine mod help!!!!

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by matty10354, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Offline

matty10354 Guest

Message Count:
    mod help!!!!

hey im new on here on sorta new to rollas. i wanna boost my hp. other than the obvious cold air or expensive turbo what other mods can i do to get some more juice from my pimpolla. thanks for your help
  2. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    if you want to go cheap on hp,squeeze.what year is your corolla?.
  3. Offline

matty10354 Guest

Message Count:
    its a 2000
  4. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    For cheap mod, you can port your stock header which will give you some nice gain.
  5. Offline

matty10354 Guest

Message Count:
    ha! your talking to a retard here. i dont have any any frickin idea how to even begin to do that. any help you could give is appreciated
  6. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Ok, since you're new to this, you're gonna want some bolt-ons which in short are parts that will literally pop on and off of your car with little or no modifications. These parts include: a short ram intake/cold air intake, header, axleback exhaust/catback exhaust, underdrive pulley(s) these might be more involved since you need to remove the drive belt, grounding kits (cable wire to help ground all the electrical components of the car thus increasing efficiency), and other parts. This is off the top of my head since you seem to only be interested in parts that will increase your power. These won't make your car super fast. It will only give it a few extra horses compared to forced induction, such as a turbocharger or supercharger. But all in all, its not just all about power as it is also important for your car to handle and perform well in the corners and on those windy roads. You might want to consider some suspension components such as: strut assemblies, springs, coilovers, full replacement coilover assemblies (these are one piece which include strut and spring already and are a direct bolt-on), strut bars, sway bars, among others. Well these are just a few suggestions. Have fun with your Corolla and good luck!
  7. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    Good post rollatuner110!
    Those are pretty much you can do to the rolla for bolt on matty10354. Some are really expensive and some are cheap. It all depends on how deep your pocket is.
  8. Offline

hachirokusupra XRS FTW

Message Count:
    yeh what they said.. and ill tell you .. dont settle for stuff thats to cheap.. you get what you paid for hahaha.. learned it from my past car soo yeh man.. good luck