1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

News Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Vandalized by a Navy Vet

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Press22, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Offline

Press22 Mangoooooooooooo

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E28 1JZ, E36 M3
    clubequinox:

So as the story goes from multiple sources the owner of this Evo stumbled upon a retired Navy Vet vandalizing his car while he was still doing it.
    When the owner walked up to the retired vet, the man called the Evo owner a gook, spit on his face and shoved him out of the way to try and run. The owner then slammed the car door on this guy’s leg as he was getting into his car, breaking his leg, punched him in the face four times, took the vet’s keys and called the cops. The man apparently was sent to jail with a bloody nose and a broken leg.
    He also made a video of the guy confessing what he did (among other things) which is here: http://vimeo.com/33316550
    Video was taken down from Youtube because apparently it violated some speech policy.
    But yeah, my opinions on this shit:
    I am glad the Evo owner caught this fucker and kept him from getting away. The four punches to the face may have been unnecessary as well as the video, but when shit like this happens people tend to go kind of crazy so i guess i can’t blame the owner.
    The other thing this brings to mind is that he was a Veteran. It’s people like this that make me not respect anyone for SOLELY being a veteran. If you demand respect because you fought in a war then fuck you. If you are a good person AND are a Veteran, well i guess being a Veteran is just an added bonus and i can respect you for that.
    Also kind of makes me think of nationalism in general, i kind of dislike it. It’s good to be proud of where you are from and is inevitable that it will come up, but whenever people do shit like this is completely fucks the meaning on nationalism up, and therefore makes me kind of dislike it. I DUNNO
    But yeah, fuck this guy.

[IMG]

Added: Dec 8, 2011 2:27 AM
    I saw this on Tumblr and thought I would share it... the video is kinda dumb and the way the kid acted saying that he almost killed him was stupid but he was probably just in the heat of the moment. I'd do the same thing for my car, I think a lot of us would.
  2. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    Got what he deserved. Thank god.
    Edit:
    MEhhhh, kinda feel bad for the old guy. If it was some punk teen or younger person I wouldent care but this video and the beating really was necessary.
  3. Offline

roachrolla Hipster

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    02 Toyota Corolla
    yeahhh like russian said the guy deserved it. Vet or not. Not above the law and acted in a way not expected of a vet
  4. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    He looked (and sounded) pretty sorry by the end of it.
  5. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Didn't watch video because I don't want to feel sorry for the old guy. You mess with someone's car, you better be ready to have them discover you in the act.
  6. Offline

Press22 Mangoooooooooooo

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E28 1JZ, E36 M3
    I didn't feel sorry for him. He gets what he deserves. People into cars enough value them just as much as a kid or a girlfriend.
    And he was only sorry after he got his ass beat, before that he pushed the guy. (Which to some people is a good enough reason to fight.)
  7. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Hell yeah.
  8. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    Them's Fightin Wurds!
  9. Offline

cBass buffalo bell lover

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2005 Corolla XRS
    i think it was too much recording the guys beat up face and yelling all these bad words
  10. Offline

FR-S_fanatic New Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2008 Corolla
    Reminds me of that scene in Pulp Fiction where the two guys making a drug deal talk about not messing with another person's car.
  11. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
  12. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count: