1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Mitsubishi cant race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jessetc, Aug 6, 2004.

1. Offline

jessetc Guest

Message Count:
    Mitsubishi cant race

According to car and drive, mitsubishi has looked up people's names who have modified their cars, and who have partcipated in timed races, and voided their warranties for any engine repairs. What are u expected to do with a turbo 4 cyl, awd, 271 hp sedan? what a bunch of lame ass.
  2. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    i read about that. they just look up people's names in registries and would send owner's a letter their warranty is void.
  3. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    thats just crazy... one of the few companies actually making fast xars that are really designed to race, like the Evo 8 RS, is now trying to discourage ppl from racing their race cars that they sold them? the heads of these japanese car companies must be on crack
  4. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    I think the problem here is that Mitsubishi makes shitty cars and in order to save some money on their warranty work, they have to crack down. The Evo is basically the only Mitsu worth buying.
  5. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    EXACTLY... Mitsu is going down the shitter! In Japan I never saw a mitsubishi other than the lancer.
  6. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    lol wow..... Whats a mitsubishi? oh yah a bunch of whores :)
  7. Offline

Tro1086 Guest

Message Count:
    lol i saw that article too. But i dont think they even send the person a letter. They just wait till they come in for waranty work, then say, by the way, your waranty is void. Yes it is BS, but what can you expect, the company cant afford to repair cars that people are thrashing arround on the track, come on, welcome to reality. Thats like saying hey i race my car everyday and drive the living fuck out of it, hey my engine blew now give me a new one for free. Nope, it dosnt work that way.
  8. Offline

oddfish Guest

Message Count:
    It usually isn't wise to alienate your buyers when your company is a few billion in the red..... and the guys that own 40% of your company aren't going to help bail you out.
  9. Offline

daPyr0x Guest

Message Count:
    The fact of the matter is racing has always been a sure fire way to void your warranty

read any warranty terms of service and you will see where it says that racing will void your warranty

Sure, it's a bitch; but it's your own damn fault.
  10. Offline

jessetc Guest

Message Count:
    well participating in timed courses also voids ur wranty. If mitsu didnt want them to do so, then why offer a 271 hp awd car derived from another car used in rally events. all that isnt necessary if ur car was intended to be used as just a means of transportation. The new Evo RS even further supports this argument.
  11. Offline

jessetc Guest

Message Count:
    well participating in timed courses also voids ur wranty. If mitsu didnt want them to do so, then why offer a 271 hp awd car derived from another car used in rally events. all that isnt necessary if ur car was intended to be used as just a means of transportation. The new Evo RS even further supports this argument.
  12. Offline

daPyr0x Guest

Message Count:
    It's derived from the rally car because it's "cool"
    "I drive one of those!! It can do that?!? Wow. I have an awesome car."

Toyota has TRD. Toyota. Racing. Development. And you know what, if they found out that you were out racing your Corolla, even with TRD parts and all that, they would void your warranty too.

Hell, I'm willing to bet Ferrarri would void your warranty for racing.

Read the fine print, it says it right there. *points*

Sucks for them? yes. Their own fault? Yup, most definitely.

If you have enough knowledge and money to drop 1000 bucks on the innards of your car and then go out racing with it, you have enough knowledge and money to fix the damn thing yourself.
  13. Offline

jessetc Guest

Message Count:
    I just think its a little excessive to be looking up people's names over the net and voiding their warranty before looking at the car.
  14. Offline

Sasuke Guest

Message Count:
    thats fucking bullshit..... U bought the car with UR money u do what the fuck u want to it race or drive as a mean of transportation... and them looking up names and void warrenty thats somebullshit no wonder why no one buying their fucking car anymore...
    and beside whats warrenty are for to fix ur car if it damange either but owneres fault or defects same shit go out race and bring that shit in and get it fix it u have problems. i say GET UR DAMN MONEY WORTH....
  15. Offline

Tro1086 Guest

Message Count:
    Yes, get your moneys worth. But remember, the car companys are out there to MAKE MONEY. Not loose money supporting warantys for people racing and tearing up there cars. Yes looking people up on the net is a little excessive, but the company is just trying to watch their own back.

I fully agree with Mitsu, if these people want to race, they can go get sponsored or something so they have the cash to pay for what they break.

A waranty is supposed to support the vehicle for things like manufacturing errors, or something that failed and is clearly not your fault(due to bad design/manufacturing/etc), and things like that, NOT RACING.

They are not responsible and nor can they afford to fix damage that you do to the car yourself.

Its like walking into the dealer and saying "hey i got bored lastnight so i busted out my 12 volt drill and started drilling random holes into my engine" and then expecting them to be responsible for this dammage and for them to fix it... gues what, DING DING DING, YOUR FUCKED. gues what there gona say.. "Your a fucking idiot, too bad you fucked up your car, your fucked, now please leave"

Are you guys starting to get it yet?
  16. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    When did they do this, before or after their funding got pulled.
  17. Offline

Dimsum New Member

Message Count:
    It is reasonable for them to void your warranty for that reason. The warranty is for defects from the manufacturer and not blown up engines from people pushing their cars too hard. Besides that, I'm sure you get your moneys worth just for the car. A turbo charged AWD w/ light weight rims, racing seats, Brembo brakes, and a suspension like that, I think its well worth it for the money. I actually was going to purchase one of the first EVOs in my town. I had 500 down with a receipt and asked me what color i wanted. I would of understood if I raced that car I wouldnt have warranty. After getting my corolla, I now know i was way out of my league in getting a Evo