1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Forced Induction Log style turbo manifold

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by erickscorolla1999, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Offline

erickscorolla1999 Member

Message Count:
    Log style turbo manifold

Hey guys. I wanted to know what's your opinion about log style manifolds. I see other conversation on here but no many talk about there quality. Does anyone know anyone boosting with one of these for a good period of time. Thanks
  2. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    if assembled properly they are as reliable as any other high quality manifold. there is absolutely no reason, based on their design, that there would be any less reliable.

the overall quality is based on who/where you get it from, or who/where does the assembly and welding. so in that sense, the quality is solely based on you.
  3. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    you planning to boost your corolla?
  4. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    it's not quality that is questionable, it's efficiency
  5. Offline

erickscorolla1999 Member

Message Count:
    I wanted to at a time but it's hard to say if I will now. My brother just got out the army and he's working on he's 08 corolla and he was about to buy a turbo kit from turbokits.com, but I seen someone on here who had one and didn't go to well. Also the shop that's gonna do he's turbo if he decides to go that route said 800 just for manifold. So when I search manifold on here I seen a lot of log style and didn't know what that was. We were gonna try on mine but the 99 seem so hard to get any turbo parts.
  6. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    your 99 and his 08 have essentially an identical engine. almost anything that bolts to and lines up with your brothers car will also fit on yours... a little modification may be necessary, but if you can turn a wrench it shouldnt be an issue.

and the turbokits.com setups work fantastically. im willing to bet that the person it didnt go so well for was a victim of their own faulty installation.
  7. Offline

erickscorolla1999 Member

Message Count:
    Oh. Do you know whats the main difference between the vvti because to me besides the higher rpm i dont see a big difference in take off acceleration etc... Me and my brother race each other and i always beat him. He even has a Apexi Neo AFC with hes cold air intake tune and had a 17hp increase to the wheels at the dyno but i always beat him for some reason. Even if we switch cars and drive each other car he will win on the 99 but the 08 for some reason seem slower, i tought with vvti he would had won being that mine is not vvti.
  8. Offline

dorkysss Non-vvti rolla

Message Count:
    the install that went bad was Barnacules rolla and that was because of the turbo kit of Turbo Specialities. nothing fitted. im doing a custom setup on my 98 rolla with a log manifold, its a little time consuming but it will do. and make sure the manifold u buy comes for doing a top mounted setup not a bottom one, bottom ones are a headache
  9. Offline

Salty_Dog Old Fart

Message Count:
    Except, once again, they don't make one for the 8-gen 1ZZ-FE Corollas. :mad: