1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

LED Singal Light bulbs

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by alpha-vvti, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
  2. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
    You dont like the chrome ones you bought? I thought those were the 'hyper' type.
  3. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    yeah, where did u get them anyways????
    as for the LED's they may or maynot blink fast
  4. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    thanx nomes, i'll check it out
  6. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    yeah i've seen those before. i was just wondering, cuz i am hoping to get the blackhousing headlights and that is when i will get it
  8. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
    no no, the chrome ones i put them in the front, and they r good so far
    now i m considering if i should get the yellow LEDs for the tail lights, thats why i wanna know if they blink faster or not
  9. Offline

Tro1086 Guest

Message Count:
    Its just like using a normal bulb, its just a light, so it wont affect the blinking speed, it should stay exactly the same as before.
  10. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    Ummm whats with the obsession to make ur bulbs blink faster?
  11. Offline

alpha-vvti Member

Message Count:
    lol its not reli an obsession, just wanna make my rolla a bit more unique than other's kinda feeling, you know what i m saying
    if these leds reli blink faster and work without any problems, then i may go for it
  12. Offline

BizaRRo DereK Guest

Message Count:
    the blinking fast is on a relay... the bulb has nothing to do with it... you need to search for the relay set up to make them do that... it can be found on ebay...
  13. Offline

BravoSVO Guest

Message Count:
    They may blink fast if they do not have a OHM reducer built in. If you want the fast blinking then make sure they do not. They will probably blink at the speed as if the opposite side bulb is blown.
  14. Offline

darrenwang Guest

Message Count:
    Ok, I am interested in the LED light bu;bs as well. Can I just plug those LED on our 3157 blub socket? Is the voltage ok? Will they be brighter in real apllication?
  15. Offline

Firescooby Guest

Message Count:
    LED bulbs

The LED bulbs will blink fast because the resistance is almost nothing. Since the resistance isnt there like a normal bulb the flasher will think a bulb is burnt out and will make it flash faster.

Also, dont waste your money on those bulbs. A buddy of mine bought some and out in his truck. With the lens off they look bright, but after putting the lense on they are EXTREMELY dimmed. The lens are made to reflect the light from a regular bulb in a 160-180 degree range. The LED's are a direct light. Meaning they wont shine to the sides (required by DOT). High quality LED's are VERY expensive. Dont let a $15 bulb fool you. They are very poorly made and not bright enough for safety applications.

We spec LED lighting on our fire apparatus. Our last ladder had $8000 just in emergency lights, not counting turns, brakes, markers, compartment lighting, etc.

Just trying to save you some money.
  16. Offline

darrenwang Guest

Message Count:
    Thank you for sharing the experience. :D
  17. Offline

darrenwang Guest

Message Count:
    Ok, now I found the best LED on the market. The brand is called "Jam Strait", and they claim their "Hyper-Bright LED" is twice as bright as regular bulb. They are available in Autozone running around $30 for a pair.

Here are some sample pictures I found:
    http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=293234&page=4

The LED might not be suitable for front signal light because they don't reflect to the sides, but for rear tail light they should be ok. Those who are still interested in LED bulbs could check it out.

Product Link:
    http://www.jamstrait.com/products.html
  18. Offline

noservice2001 Guest

Message Count:
    i bought a pair of 3157 and 3156 bulbs of 15 LEDS... they screwed up my entire car.. toyota blamed the hyper blinkers to an improperly done aftermarket alarm, which turned out to be the blinkers... i'm pretty sure i didn't do anything wrong, cuz ur supposed to install one bulb at a time, so i went from fillament to led, starting with one, and it started blinking fast, so i flipped the bulb 180 degrees, and it still kept on blinking fast... which blew out my fuses... so i think that you need to buy the ohm resistors to keep the current from going haywire... right now, i'm using fillaments... until someone could help me to install my leds correctly... did that help anyone?