1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

LE doors on a VE

Discussion in '8th Gen' started by Suav0, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Offline

Suav0 New Member

Message Count:
    Hi guys, i recently replaced the non-power doors on my 98 VE to Power everything doors from an LE. So far the only thing i was able to plug in are the door speakers. Does the VE have some kind of wiring harness for the doors tucked away under the dash or is it something i have to buy. Oh and i already replaced the integration relay to the brown one but cant find anything that plugs into it. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Milky on this forum has done this swap, he can help you hopefully. I'll try to get him in here.
  3. Offline

Suav0 New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Mack. Any help would be great.
  4. Offline

cBass buffalo bell lover

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2005 Corolla XRS
    Im sure you have to buy the harness, but i thought power door locks was the same harness with the power windows?

I say that because a guy with a 9th gen said he had to buy the whole wiring harness and that gave him power door locks and windows.

You would also need to buy the different door panels to replace the handle with the electric one.
  5. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
  6. Offline

Milky Enlarged Member

Message Count:
    Someone say my name? Lol

Yes I have done the swap. I converted a ve to s trim. To do it you need to swap the accessories wiring harness and the junction connector that runs under the dash and into the car. Its not hard just time consuming since the harness runs into the engine bay for cruise control. You have to remove the dash and most of the interior to do this right. But nothing complex. Also all the doors have to have power locks installed for that system to work. All motors work at once and are wired in series. If one is not hooked up they all dont work.
  7. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Boom!
    :awyeah:

Also I slightly edited that post, for simple grammatical errors, sorry. Spelling nazi.
  8. Offline

Suav0 New Member

Message Count:
    Sorry for the late reply. The doors are fully powered (widows,locks,mirrors). I have already purchased and installed the brown integration relay. is there a serial or parts number for the wiring harness that runs through the dash to the doors? Thanks for all the help guys. Oh and thanks for rounding up the troops Mack.
  9. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
  10. Offline

Suav0 New Member

Message Count:
    A question Milky. I see that you mentioned an accessory harness. Is that what the wiring harness that goes plugged into the integration relay actually called? I'm trying to find one online and keep finding the indoor wiring harness instead.
  11. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Probably door harness maybe?