1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

lancer ralliart

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by reimundo_2, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Offline

reimundo_2 Guest

Message Count:
    lancer ralliart

what do you guys think about the lancer ralliart?
  2. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    meh.

why not just save up a little more and get an evo? not a fan of the Ralliart.

not a fan of Mitsu, but if you're going to get the car at least get the true performance version.
  3. Offline

dugrant153 Guest

Message Count:
    I test drove the automatic Ralliart Sportback.

The Ralliart is a nice car. decent torque down low, and the MIVEC kicks in at a very usable 3000 rpm and 5000rpm (I think).
    Handling is also very good. Seats are comfortable, spacious interior too!
    What's missing are good summer tires. The Ralliarts come with Eagle RS-A's or Potenza RE-92s.

Us Canadians can't get the Evo yet. But don't think the Lancer Ralliart can't hold it's own. I think it can.
  4. Offline

SinGularity New Member

Message Count:
    canada should get the evo soon,

the STi is already here, mitsubishi will follow
  5. Offline

lonelydriver New Member

Message Count:
    canada won't get the current generation evo. doesn't meet canadian safety standards. we have to wait till version 9 comes out
  6. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    ralliart edition... i think i would still take the corolla XRS over it even though its a bit slower... hahaha.. the only lancer i'll take is the EVO...
  7. Offline

BullittXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Who says XRS is slower?? Sure if you look at the nice torque numbers on paper or maybe the 0-60 numbers in the magazine test. Bring one next to me and I will kill it. I have no doubts in my mind as long as it is stock. It is too damn heavy and was sluggish right from the pick up. As cocky and arrogant as it sounds I could not care less what it says on paper, I will murder one of those with my barebones stock XRS. I know it since I have killed 2 of those. One on the highway and my friend owns a silver one, who got so dishearted after the loss and has been in the shop 3-4 times in the last 8 months that he is getting rid of it in favor of 2nd hand WRX.

8. Offline

SinGularity New Member

Message Count:
    this sucks :(
  9. Offline

dugrant153 Guest

Message Count:
    would love to see how they compare in autocross. that's what matters to me :)
  10. Offline

dugrant153 Guest

Message Count:
    Has been in the shop? What for?
    Oh, and where the Lancer Ralliart makes much of the power is downlow and midrange torque.
  11. Offline

KC Rolla XRS New Member

Message Count:
    XRS is faster, and not to mention I personally think the interior of the Ralliart is inferior to that of the XRS. Bullitt I am also 2-0 against the Ralliart guys, even though they swear up and down it wouldn't even be a close race against us.
  12. Offline

Arith Guest

Message Count:
    Well if it aint Faisal05CorollaXRS, new name eh? Haha, anyways, must we go thru this again? 8hp+ on the ralliart, but down -35trq on the ralliart. Yes, your car is lighter... but the ralliart has just too much useable hp/trq early... while you have to keep the XRS in the higer RPM's to even maintain such a high speed. I remember you saying the XRS can run mid 6's and mid- high 14's with a good driver, lol. Try it runs 0-60: 7.3 & 1/4th: 16.1... w/ a good driver, also Ive beatin one and made a post about it.

http://vvti.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6054

Happy Lifting. :)