1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Know where to buy paint?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by WebMasta33, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Offline

WebMasta33 Guest

Message Count:
    Know where to buy paint?

I need about two cans of indigo ink paint for a project I have for my car.

Anyone know where to get some mixed up at?
  2. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    if you are not painting heat producing parts, you can go to home deopt or lowes and thell them that you want paint for aluminum siding in what ever color and they can mix it for you or the other option is to see how much body shops would charge you for it. If you do opt the first option, make sure you ask for the paint for aluminum siding because it has the same consistency as regular oil based paint used on other metal. btw if it is for interior, you can ask for the one for vinyl siding. Hope this was the answer you were looking for, and also waiting for refutation.

Peace
  3. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    Re: Know where to buy paint?

wow 2 cans...thats a lot of paint...i wonder what ur up to [IMG]

do u mind telling us? if u wanna keep it secret thats cool too :D
  4. Offline

WebMasta33 Guest

Message Count:
    I ment like small pint cans :p (I shoulda been more clear)

I wanna paint some plastic myself, I have a compressor and I just used a spray gun to stain my parents deck. So I figured I'd swap nossles paint the plastic.

The only reason why I don't wanna say "this is what I'm doing" is because I don't know how much the paint is gonna be so I don't know if it's actually gonna happen.

How would I go about having home depot match my car color? It's not like I can bring a body panel in to match it. :p I guess I'll have to take a good picture under normal lighting.

One thing I will say is I would like to paint my dash too, but I haven't been bold enough yet to pull off all the pieces.

I've gotten the main HVAC control panel out, but I haven't been able to get the buttons out yet because I wanna change the lights too. I also don't know how to get the radio, vent, and gauge surrounds out yet, but I haven't really looked at them honestly.
  5. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    could you imagine having aluminum siding on your house that was indigo ink pearl :shock:
  6. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    lol, i know what your hinting at, that's why i said in my post, waiting for refutation. if you look at webmasta33's post more carefully, he asked for a place to get some mixed up at?
    so i thought it would be appropriate to post up home depot as an option. :D :wink: