1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

kinda dumb sideskirt question

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by wasabinuts2go, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Offline

wasabinuts2go BeeP BEEP!

Message Count:
    kinda dumb sideskirt question

So I recently got a set of stock 98-02 corolla S sideskirts. I just wanted to know if there's a guide to installing the sideskirts somewhere, i have seen vamps website and the trd 7 piece lip kit guide. There isn't a hole drilled in the rear side of the side skirt. Should I drill 2 holes on each side or just one? Also the sideskirt came with 12 plastic pop in things where i have no clue where to put it.

I also got stock mudguards, but there's a plastic trimming that came with it, but i don't even know if it's for the mudguards or not. Can somebody please post close up of this mudguards details and sideskirts rear drilling holes if possible because I just want a clear picture before drilling it myself.

I've been wanting to install it so bad, but working at 6am isn't helping at all.
  2. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    i think they came stock with 3M tape...
  3. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    yes drill the holes. The bolts on the front and rear of the sideskirts are the most crucial to making sure they dont fall off. The S sideskirts are not designed to be held on by double sided tape. You need to drill holes on the side of the body for the plastic clips to pop in to.
  4. Offline

keolaaina Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I drilled only one hole in the back. Also the side skirt front should match up with one hole from the pre drilled mud guard holes. I have the same problem with it sagging in the middle because I don't want to drill any holes. rollatuner said that you can hold the middle part up using epoxy but I never got around yet to trying that out.