1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

keeping fog lights on with high beams

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by ctsire13, May 1, 2003.

1. Offline

ctsire13 Guest

Message Count:
    keeping fog lights on with high beams

Is it possible to keep the fog lights on when you turn on the highs so they stay on together....How?
  2. Offline

WebMasta33 Guest

Message Count:
    Why would you want too?

Your lows stay on when you turn on your highs. If you are actually using your high beams, you have no need for the fog lights. Plus I would assume that all 3 running at the same time would pull too much power.
  3. Offline

baller Guest

Message Count:
    yeah its possible.. you just need to run some relays and cut some wires and rewire it.. I dont have any foglights in my LE so i havent taken a look at it..
    but i did rewire my corner lights (turn signal)..

So right now my Turn signals just stay on, and blink when i use the signals..
  4. Offline

stinky Guest

Message Count:
    I was thinking about that too, but I hardly ever use my hgih beams anyway. If you have a couple relays you can do it. Just make the fogs have a seperate power tap off the power for the high beams and you are set.

Actually a real hack way to do it would be to just run a tap off the +12V for the high beam straight to the fog light +12V. You would need a diode in the lin to keep the poer from going up it to the high beam and turning that on all the time, but it would till work. In the end a relay would still be much better.
  5. Offline

Syndicate Guest

Message Count:
    ...not only would that be illegal, but why in the world would you want to that as the high beams and fog lights serve two very different purposes.
  6. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    yea plz dont try and blind people... lol... If u need more light upgrade ur harness and bulbs :)...
  7. Offline

ctsire13 Guest

Message Count:
    Thanks for the help guys, the reason I wanted to do it was simply for looks, I actually wouldn't use it that much, but all of the lights on togehter would look dope.
  8. Offline

stinky Guest

Message Count:
    while you are at it there is enough space in that front grill to mount prolly 2 more fog light sets. You could have 10 lights on all at the same time. That would be tight. And there would be no such thing as "night driving" fro you anymore.

I would be more inclined to wire in a separate toggle witch to the fogs so you could overide them and turn them on when you wanted. that way when you dont want your car to be "dope" you can turn your highs on with no fogs.
  9. Offline

vTeC DiS! Guest

Message Count:
    lols, i was trying to do taht..lmao..i was tweaking on those switches for like 3hours the other week..lmaooooo..