1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

It's about freaking time!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rolla02, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    Now when are they going to put ABS on the rollas LOL
  2. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    I have ABS with electronic brake force distribution with intelligence included in the sports package ( Canada) for my 04 Corolla S. The 05 Corollas get vehicle stability assist and vehicle skid control now.
  3. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    Im talking about the 02 and older ones. Cause my 02 doesnt have it
  4. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    I am sure Toyota must have ABS installation available for the previous generation Corollas now. Price will be around $500 - $700 ( my guess). You should check with them.
  5. Offline

os3of5 Guest

Message Count:
    Camry is still short double wishbone suspension vs the accord :p
  6. Offline

91DX Guest

Message Count:
    why is it in europe that the entry level hatchbacks/coupes/sedan get stuff like gps navigation, climate control, traction control, vehicle stability and all that good stuff. In the states you got to pay an ass load of money to get the mentioned items. is it becuase its cheaper in europe?well wat is it?
  7. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    traction control and abs are for panzys anyhow
  8. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, I agree. I hate the fact that even with the highest end Corolla, you get those outdated dials for climate control whereas, in Europe ( Corolla Altis) comes with automatic digital climate controls. Most likely, in 2006 the NA Corollas will have those, but the Europeans had it for 2 years already.
  9. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Although, prices are very high for much more underpowered Corollas over there (in Europe and Australia) ( because of natural resources scarcity).

10. Offline

jeprox Active Member

Message Count:
    It's about freaking time!

Toyota finally gets the idea that a loaded LE camry should have ABS as standard and not option! Same thing with the 5 speed auto. Toyota finally woke up from a deep sleep... prolly lost a bunch of camry sale to the honda accord.

ABS now standard on all 2005 Toyota Camrys

2005 Toyota Camry XLE. Click image to enlarge
    Toronto, Ontario - Toyota has added more standard equipment to the refreshed 2005 Camry model. The Camry receives a revised grille, new headlamps and taillamps plus a new front bumper. In addition, an anti-lock braking system (ABS), a new front console cover, steering wheel audio controls, a rear centre headrest and Optitron gauges become standard equipment on every Camry in the lineup.

A 5-speed automatic transmission formerly available only with 6-cylinder engines is now standard equipment on the 4-cylinder Camry LE and optional at the SE trim level.

Even with added equipment valued at over $850, the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of the 2005 Camry LE, the most popular model, is $24,950, $150 more than the 2004 Camry LE - and $345 less than last year's LE equipped with ABS.
  11. Offline

LowRolla Will work for turbo

Message Count:
    because people buy much smaller cars over there. You don't see cars like Lincoln Towncars and big ass SUVs - some of the roads pre-date cars and are therefore much smaller, and gas costs about 4-5 times as much as it does here.

An 03+ corolla in europe would be a fairly big car - while here it's subcompact lol.
  12. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    I agree there
  13. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    i believe the year 96 began the option of optional ABS braking...of course mine doesnt have it, but im glad too, its not as "wrench" friendly..
  14. Offline

matadorCE Guest

Message Count:
    I can't believe it's 2004 and the rolla and the cheaper lever Camry STILL don't get 4-wheel disk brakes standard, let alone ABS.
  15. Offline

jeprox Active Member

Message Count:
    i think toyota is just waking up when it comes to standard equipment on their cars. honda cars have more standard equipment and cheaper price than toyotas.
    accord lx comes with immobilizer, keyless entry and alarm while camry have none on their LE.
  16. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Electrical Immobilizer and keyless entry are standard on LE.
  17. Offline

jeprox Active Member

Message Count:
    as far as i can remember, it wasn't for the 04 model and this is why my sister got the accord. maybe i'm wrong.
    camrys don't have side airbags and accords do. i think camry only have the side airbag for the v6 model
    at least now, toyota is catching up to honda in terms of standard equipment.
  18. Offline

os3of5 Guest

Message Count:
    all I gotta say is you're smoking cock if you think a camry is better than an accord for anyone who even remotely considers themselves a car enthusiast.

Rubber bands for steering and throttle linkages, a nice floaty ride that wallows around. Where can I sign up??
  19. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    You better watch your language there. Car enthusiast?? What are you smoking?? They are both family sedans with sheer purpose of appealing to customers in the mid range with families. Compare the cars with the correct frame of mind before talking dirty mouth. If someone is an enthusiast and looking for performance, they would look at Mustang, Supra, 350Z etc. not a Camry or Accord.
  20. Offline

os3of5 Guest

Message Count:
    On the contrary, at least you can get the V6 with a manual on the accord. Plus the 6MT V6 comes with bigger brakes/rotors, bigger wheels/wider rubber, revised intake/intake manifold. Sorry but that is definitely more sporty than anything camry/solara.

Plus the accord chassis is related to the prelude, TSX, RL and TL. Plus upgrades and motor swaps are almost unlimited. What is the camry chassis good for? ES? A highlander?
  21. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    But making it standard is going to raise the price. If you want it you won't even hesitate to buy a car with out it. Accords if i am not mistaken have many more standard options and more availble options any way.
  22. Offline

jeprox Active Member

Message Count:
    both camry and accord have its good point and bad point. both are excellent cars. very hard to find fault or something wrong with each of them.
    for me, if you compare the price and what you get for the price - the accord comes out the winner. this is for canadian models anyway, i dunno if US models have the same equipment. i did research on this for months before telling my sister to go for the accord instead of the camry.

the 04 camry didn't have ABS, alarm, side airbags, remote keyless entry, 5 speed automatic and a few more other things. the accord LX have all this plus a few more features the camry don't have. if i was to get all these options on the camry, it would cost more than the accord.

toyota thinks they are being smart in offering lower prices and then they ding u on their option packages, wrong! people are getting pissed and going with hondas. when i bought my corolla, i cannot get both power windows and locks in the same package. if i want both, i have to move up to LE. so either u only get the power locks or just go manual all the way or go up to LE. wtf!

anyways, toyotas and hondas are both excellent. never thought in a million year that i would say this... but my next new car will be either a honda or acura. sick of toyota playing these games.
  23. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Is that why Accord has never managed to beat Camry in the last 13 years ( OK, in 2001 it didi, but that is about it) ???
  24. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    People just don't want to pay for standard features. I would have an Accord over a Camry anyday. There sportier, more powerful, and just more refined. Just my opinion. I drive about 5 or 6 every time i work. And your fact is exactly right but my Honda dealership sells more accords than civics. And the best selling car in the Atlanta area is the Accord.
  25. Offline

Montana Guest

Message Count:
    I don't necessairily want ABS on my cars.
  26. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Accords are more expensive than Camry anyway so even if there were more features, you offset the overall price as well. Nonetheless, Toyota options have a much higher quality than Hondas. My Corolla S 6 speaker stereo system puts my friend's 8 speaker stereo system in his 2002 Honda Accord EX V6 and he was the one who noticed it. The braking system and disks in Toyotas are much better than Honda. Secondly, your argument about your choice over Camry is purely personal. I do agree that Accord handles better than the Camry ( no SE Sport models), but more powerful. No way. The 225 hp in Camry is less than the 240 found in Accords, but then Camry has 240 foot pounds of torque and achieves it much earlier than the 212 foot pounds Accords achieves at much higher RPM. There acceleration with comparable transmission is the same. Refinement is where Camry completely outshines Accord. Accords especially the new one's ( including TLs) have been plagued with rattles and squeaks. The Accord interior layout is definitely better than the Camry, but the quality is far inferior. In the end, it is a matter of opinion.

27. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    Well when i say that we sell more accords than any other car, that is true. but know one, "buys" them, there all financed. So if your financing it might cost 15 bucks more a month to own an Accord than a camry. Since were talking about accords the accord coupe type r has to be included. (that the coupe v6 6 speed). We recieved one and i got to drive it. that is some fun driving. powerful and quick. I dont think comparing any stock stereo is fare. they all really suck. i am not sure if the camry has the 6 disk changer but that is pretty neat.
    but is is strictly opinion. my mom bought a year old accord in 2003 and she enjoys it alot.
  28. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Yes, the Accord V6 manual with 6 speed (0-60 in 6.2 secs) and J38 engine is really nice, definitely, but I excluded the manual since Solara (Solara tiptronic 0-60 in 6.7 secs) does not have a manual tranny so they really are not comparabl.e
  29. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
  30. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count: